Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Gluten and Thyroid Hormone – Is There a Connection?

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
I have GOT to replenish my selenium stock. I have a wheat sensitivity and I'm aware of how that creates inflammation. Thyroid tests fine but maybe if I take gluten free to a higher level, I'll have more energy and see a kick in my weight loss. Thanks for the link.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
My wife and I have been researching some issues that she is dealing with and at this point we realized it was thryroid related, but not sure why? This article helped a lot and we are going to put her on a gluten free diet for a while and see what happens.

Thanks,
Hawk

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
My wife and I have been researching some issues that she is dealing with and at this point we realized it was thryroid related, but not sure why? This article helped a lot and we are going to put her on a gluten free diet for a while and see what happens.

Thanks,
Hawk

I don't think that her thyroid problems are probably cause by gluten, but insulin supresses thyroid function. I have a figure competitor friend dealing with hypothyroid and trying to stay 100% natural through a naturalpath doctor and she has been put on a diet with NO carbs outside of low sugar, high fiber vegetables to reduce all insulin production. May be something worth having tested and then choosing a course of action, personally I would rather take a prescribed synthetic to replace what my body isn't and live a healthy life vs one with super restrictions in food 100% of the time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic