Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Glucose fasting was 123mg/ml

D

dan gable

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2017
Thanks gents for the info! Happy to hear from others! It sounds like hopefully I can reverse the damage by stopping. The results from my A1C test came back in the normal range, nit pre-diabetic. I haven't taken any in two weeks so I am going go another two or three months without gh and get another fasting blood glucose test and an another A1C test. Really hope it comes back normal and that the damage wasn't permanent.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Thanks gents for the info! Happy to hear from others! It sounds like hopefully I can reverse the damage by stopping. The results from my A1C test came back in the normal range, nit pre-diabetic. I haven't taken any in two weeks so I am going go another two or three months without gh and get another fasting blood glucose test and an another A1C test. Really hope it comes back normal and that the damage wasn't permanent.

yeah man go back in 6mo. The a1c is for 3mo but I think its a better idea to let that double at 6mo for you to have it rechecked as that will provide some ample time for a better basis. If you are super worried, Id get it checked 3mo from now and then go back at 6 and 12mo and compare the results to get a solid basis for what you're looking at. The organs are pretty resilient but obviously its person dependent

D

dan gable

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2017
Thanks Metsfan! I think I will go at 6 and 12 months. I have a really bad shoulder so I hope I can figure out a way to still run GH. Will taking Metformin or Insulin just fix the problem of higf blood glucose, while the GH is still causing damage/reduced insulin sensitivity? Or it will it stop any negative affects from occurring so that if I were to drop the GH,slin and or metformin, my body would naturally respond to and produce insulin? If taking slin and or metformin is only treating the side affect/symptoms that come as a result of taking GH, I will just drop the GH all together. I don't want to end up a diabetic....

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Thanks Metsfan! I think I will go at 6 and 12 months. I have a really bad shoulder so I hope I can figure out a way to still run GH. Will taking Metformin or Insulin just fix the problem of higf blood glucose, while the GH is still causing damage/reduced insulin sensitivity? Or it will it stop any negative affects from occurring so that if I were to drop the GH,slin and or metformin, my body would naturally respond to and produce insulin? If taking slin and or metformin is only treating the side affect/symptoms that come as a result of taking GH, I will just drop the GH all together. I don't want to end up a diabetic....

Def a great idea to go back and split up the short term and the long term results to get a general idea on how your body is recovering overall. I would take a look at your recovery results before deciding on the GH. I for one, cant take GH as it just simply shot it up 100% of the time. I loved the results I was getting from the GH, however the risk/reward is not worth damaging the body in that manner, in my opinion. While I ran the GH, I took an excessive amount of insulin, my intake scale normally is 1iu/10carbs roughly, while on GH I could eat 40 carbs and take 10iu (equiv of 100carbs) and still be well over 300. So it really was a constant battle to deal with the sugar, i ran out of strips and insulin all the time and had to have new Rx. as far as taking Metformin, that would be something I would strongly suggest speaking with an PCP or Endocrine as if you are looking at dropping the GH, it very well may help reverse itself and you wont need it. But again, you may not be able to run much GH. Because as you said, it very well could complicate the situation by treating something with a Rx when in reality dropping the root cause my work itself out.

My recommendation is to drop the GH and monitor your sugar every so often (get a meter and strips from Walmart), get your a1c checked at 6 and 12mo and compare the results. If they are back within range, I would suggest dropping the GH unless you plan to have the risk of a damaged pancreas.

My #1 fear in life is going blind due to diabetes. So to me, if GH causes my sugar to rise and potentially damage my eyes, not a chance.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic