Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

glucosamine. what are your thoughts.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
First time I used Glucosamine (maybe 15 yrs. ago or so) I got virtually instant relief from it (not sure now much of that was placebo effect or whatever). I specifically recall my shoulder joints feeling almost instantly "smoother" and less achy while I was working out...Unfortunately, since that first time, I've gotten nothing from it. I've tried using it in high dosages for months at a time, and have never had the same feeling as the first time...I've tried using it in conjunction with Chondroitin/MSM/etc. and nothing...zilch...Old age sucks...don't get old...:)...Good luck with it brother...

M

Mikeg68

Jul 21, 2013
Works very well for me, Glucosamine Chondroitin with Omega 3. Knee problem has virtually disappeared. If I stop taking it, my knee gives me issues pretty much within days. Won't do any harm taking it.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
It can be useful to a lot of people, although I do think it should be viewed with a long-term approach rather than something you are just going to run a few bottles of. I've been using a shellfish-free Glucosamine for a number of years now purely as a preventative; not sure that I notice anything directly from it but considering the amount of running I do my knees, hips and joints in general are ache and pain free. I do feel that it is helping, even if that is simply due to helping the preservation of cartilage.

One thing to bear in mind is that it is relatively slow to start working (general consensus is anywhere from 4-8 weeks); synergistically it pairs really well with a good quality Omega 3 as this will provide a certain degree of anti-inflammatory benefits. Dosage wise I would be aiming for at least 1,000mg/day but ideally probably closer to 2,000mg.

Just my 2c, cheers MF.

Well put ! To original post welcome to the world of growing old

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
There's days where it works for me and other days it does very little.
personaly if had the time to get deep tissue massage once a week I think i would eleviate most of my pain but it does help me on most days.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Late to the party, Cissus and ParActin are far superior.

Both recognized clinically and studied in great depth.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Even later to the Party... I have tried Cissus, but didn't stick with it long. Had cheap powder and tasted nasty. Hard to stick with it long enough to see any benefits from it when it tasted like ass. Also read research where Cissus raises Estrogen levels too. Not sure if it's enough to cause concern or not thou..

I've been using some Joint stuff from 1st Wellness. It's a liquid. Took about 2 months, but I have noticed a difference. Seems it's something that really needs to build up to get working well. I have about 1.5 months left in supply. I will go a few weeks with nothing and see how I feel.
It's pretty cheap too....http://www.tigerfitness.com/1st-Step-Glucosamine-and-Chondroitin-MSM-p/3610034.htm

Never heard of paractin.

I've been recommended this a few times...
http://www.amazon.com/Acti-Flex-400...18531&sr=1-27&keywords=horse+joint+supplement

Thanks for the tip on Joint Command from Prosource.. Looks pretty good.

G

gymrat827

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2012
6g fish oil, 1g krill oil, 2 g cissus quad

my joints and other upper body parts are fuct from AAA hockey. My shoulders pop, click & crack....my knees are on the way too...but with this lil combo it makes it okay. Squats are do-able. MSM, Glucoasmine, etc, etc never really helped like this small mix does.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
it works well with fish oil..deff helps with joints

L

LadySparta

Jan 12, 2016
My experience may not be human, but glucosamine added with chondroitin and MSM work wonders with horses whether it's theriputic or preventative.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic