RalfKelleh
What's New?

Gloves or No Gloves?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Gloves are for chicks and if you use them you might as well Bedazzle them! Man up, get some chalk, unless you are a hand model!

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Bedazzled vajayjay!

No gloves, don't like the feel. Yes to straps though! Especially helpful doing rear delt raises with fingers and thumbs on the outside side of the dumbell bar, essential that way, LOL

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
My name isn't Nancy, so I don't use gloves. I only use straps when doing heavy deadlifts for multiple reps. I only need chalk for heavy deads.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Screw all you, until you come take them off me I am wearing them, nuff said!!!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Until you take them off, everyone else in the gym will continue laughing at you ;)

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Gloves seem to have that instant muscle-building power. Kids that put gloves on instantly bow out. LOL

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Weight lifting is a means to increase muscle strength and size, but it tends to take a toll on your hands. This is especially true when lifting heavier weights and using knurled bars. That is where a good pair of gloves enters the room.

Read more: Benefits of Weight-lifting Gloves | eHow.com Benefits of Weight-lifting Gloves | eHow.com

Significance
# Weight lifting puts stress on the hands and nerves of the hands. If you lift without gloves, you may have to stop routines before you hit your desired reps.

Function
# Weight-lifting gloves protect the skin of the hands, reducing callouses and preventing the skin from drying out and cracking.

Wrists
# Wearing a good pair of padded weight-lifting gloves will reduce the pressure on your wrists.

Grip
# Another benefit of gloves is the fact that you can get a better grip on free weights. This is especially the case when you are sweating during a hard workout.

OH, Here is another article

There are many benefits of weight lifting gloves that one can enjoy simply by wearing a pair while you workout. Weight lifting gloves are made in order to protect your hands especially when lifting heavy weights or while you are doing boot camps which require you to place your hands on pavement or pull awkward objects.

One of the benefits of weight lifting gloves is that they absorb the pressure that would otherwise be felt in your hand. Without weight lifting gloves, you may not work out a muscle as much because your hands are tired or in pain. Certain muscles can typically handle more than weight than what you can lift with your hands in they do not have proper protection.

A positive side effect of keeping the pressure off of your hands is that your wrists will not be as uncomfortable is you are lifting heavy weights. If your gloves wrap around your wrists you are receiving a lot of support when you bend your wrist backwards to perform certain exercises.

Other Reasons to Wear Weight Lifting Gloves

Also, during a workout your hands tend to get sweaty and reduce your grip on the weights, but with weight lifting gloves you don’t need to worry about losing your grip. This can be dangerous if, for example, you are doing heavy weights and have them over your body.

A fourth major benefit of weight lifting gloves is that they prevent calluses and blisters from forming on your palms, which you know is a great feature if you’ve ever had calluses from working out.

Finally, weight lifting gloves distribute the weight evenly across the forearms, and this not only lightens the load on your fingers, but increases your forearm strength.

Last edited:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
lol...

Anyways, never used gloves a day in my life, only wraps when needed doing shrugs, rows, or deadlifts. Otherwise its my bare hands. Just recently started using some chalk.... like a week ago.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
my introduction to the iron game, came by way of the PL. It was clearly taught to me early on gloves are for girly men with pretty hands....LOL

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
i never use gloves but i have been thinking about it since i'm behind the desk more.
chaulk i like but the fag gym i go to wont let me.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
LMAO Ahhhh the justifications.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Gloves are geigh (and for women)...just sayin.

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic