Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Glenfiddich 18y/Johnnie Walker Platinum

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Had a couple glasses of the Glenfiddich 18y on Christmas, and the day after I had a glass of the Johnny Platinum over at relatives house... Both were outstanding - great aroma, smooth, the Glenfiddich was little smoky and full with hints of fruit wood and cinnamon flavors, while the johnnie was sweet, warming and somewhat more tame with a slight hint of smoke and chocolate finish.

i would give the Glenfiddich 4.4/5 and the Johnnie a 3.9-4/5

Last edited:
inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
Nice, havnt tried the glenfiddich 18 but I do really enjoy the 15

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I need to trade this JW Blue, I really can't stand it an have 3 or 4 bottles of it. Never had the Platinum, but I am not a fan of JW.

The Glenfiddich 18 is good, I prefer the Glenlivet 18 or the Maccallan 18. Don't get me wrong, if there is an 18yo around LK will be hitting it ;)

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I have had the glenlivet 18y as well, that and isle of Jura 16 are two of my favorites

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I got a Jura sampler set last year so I was able to compare several products at one sitting. All very nice.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
This time of year, I can barely afford the activated yeast to make my seasonal toilet wine to serve the in-laws.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Big JW fan here. Haven't tried the platinum though.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I'm more of a bourbon guy than a scotch guy

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'm more of a bourbon guy than a scotch guy

Just picked up a Four Roses small batch and a Colonel E.H. Taylor Straight Rye (that was a costly bottle). I am building a collection of high end scotch, wiskey, rye and I started putting high end beer in the basement to age. Expensive new hobby I have found here. One day I will actually taste 1/2 the stuff I have been buying.

POB, if you wanna trade a handie for some JWB lemme know playa ;)

Reactions: HGH
HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Just picked up a Four Roses small batch and a Colonel E.H. Taylor Straight Rye (that was a costly bottle). I am building a collection of high end scotch, wiskey, rye and I started putting high end beer in the basement to age. Expensive new hobby I have found here. One day I will actually taste 1/2 the stuff I have been buying.

POB, if you wanna trade a handie for some JWB lemme know playa ;)

I don't really collect stuff but there's a nice whiskey bar downtown that has just about everything. So I'll try stuff down there. Obviously it's more expensive that way, but I don't drink often enough for it to matter.

I'd love to get my hands on some Pappy Van Winkle. If I could find a bottle of that I'd buy it for sure. I've had it a few times at the whiskey bar and it lives up to its reputation.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I was on a search for Pappy this year and failed. I got my name on a list for next year so hopefully I will be able to add a bottle to the collection then.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I was on a search for Pappy this year and failed. I got my name on a list for next year so hopefully I will be able to add a bottle to the collection then.

If you get some I'm coming over. ;)

I was at a bar once and the bartender was trashed. My friend ordered some Pappy and he gave her an insanely generous pour. Like a quadruple pour. So I asked for an empty glass and we split it. That was a good day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic