Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Girl cooked from the inside out after taking too many diet pills

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
The article straight up says she OD on the diet pill.

Mom says daughter ‘burned from within’ and died after taking diet pills | fox8.com

SHREWSBURY, England- Police in England are issuing a warning after a young woman died from taking diet pills.
According to her mother, 21-year-old Eloise Aimee Parry had taken even more of the ‘slimming tablets’ than recommended on the pack and had no idea just how dangerous they really were.
Eloise went to the hospital the morning of April 12 and died a few hours later.
The pills, which were purchased online and not named by police, are being tested and are believed to have contained a substance called dinitrophenol or DNP- which is highly toxic.
Chief Inspector Jennifer Mattinson said, “We are undoubtedly concerned over the origin and sale of these pills and are working with partner agencies to establish where they were bought from and how they were advertised. Substances from unregistered websites could put your health at risk as they could be extremely harmful, out-of-date or fake.”
Eloise’s mother, Fiona Parry, said in a statement, “As Eloise deteriorated, the staff in A&E did all they could to stabilize her. As the drug kicked in and started to make her metabolism soar, they attempted to cool her down, but they were fighting an uphill battle. She was literally burning up from within. When she stopped breathing, they put her on a ventilator and carried on fighting to save her. When her heart stopped they couldn’t revive her. She had crashed. She had taken so much DNP that the consequences were inevitable.”
Her mother also said, “It is such a great sadness that her life ended so soon, and, in many ways, ended before it had really had a chance to begin. There were so many things that she dreamed of doing – traveling, having a career and having a family – things that she never got a chance to experience.”
Eloise’s exact cause of death will be confirmed by the coroner.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
In the mother's own words:

She had taken so much DNP that the consequences were inevitable.

^^^ they're still trying to figure out if it was in fact DNP and if it was, of course taking a shit load of it can result in death. A google search would've brought up hundreds of warnings

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Super sad to see a young woman die that way. Her last moments of life must have been terrifying. I feel for the mom who had to watch her baby die.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Super sad to see a young woman die that way. Her last moments of life must have been terrifying. I feel for the mom who had to watch her baby die.

I have 2 daughter one her age one 2 years younger I can't even image going through that!

MissMonsterr

MissMonsterr

TID Lady Member
Apr 9, 2015
How much weight did she lose?

That's what I'm wondering. Cause, I mean, at least we would know if it worked? Benefits might still outweigh risks.

Wth...

Sad reason to die :(

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Well, I am guessing a good 7-10lbs or something after all her bodily fluids evacuated her body at death!!

Akhusker

Akhusker

Dec 25, 2014
Damn thats sad, but what an idiot!! If she would have done her research like everyone should when taking these type of drugs she would know the safe amount to take.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Honestly, in a day where kids are vacuuming their lips until they swell up and bruise, I can see how she may have been mislead about the pills she was taking. Very sad.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Most people don't got out looking for DNP unless they know what it is and how to use it. "I want to lose weight, let me go get some DNP" is not something you hear someone say without any knowledge of the substance.

J

Jeffbcause

Apr 25, 2015
Agreed, That's why its up to us to mentor and teach them that working out burns fat and not supplements
Honestly, in a day where kids are vacuuming their lips until they swell up and bruise, I can see how she may have been mislead about the pills she was taking. Very sad.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic