Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

GH Morning or night whats the difference???

D

Dr Pepper

Feb 7, 2011
Iv heard everyone say that injecting hgh in the morning is better rather than the night... why is this better?

Whats the real difference and when do you take your GH?

W

westwood

Jan 17, 2011
Re: Morning or night whats the differance???

Iv heard everyone say that injecting hgh in the morning is better rather than the night...

Whats the real differance if u do either?

Yes, its makes a difference. If your in ur 20's 30's do it in the morning so as to not impact ur natural production during the night. Right after your morning piss is best. if your in ur 40's and above, do it at night to mimic what would be ur natural production when u were younger. HGH slows significantly and can go away after 40. Depending on your body. Follow the above for best results.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010

Well dont take a dbol or do a shot of tren b4 bed you wont sleep for shit

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010

ahhh yeah smartass didnt see the thread was bout hgh.................thanks panch

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
ive done both and both routines seem to work fine....interesting note on the age protocol tho...guess i should be taking mine at night

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
If you're in your 50's it's reccomended to do right before bed. Younger guys 1st crack of the morning, like right when you roll out of bed, and later afternoons are best. It's trying to mimic your bodies 'pulses' of hgh releases

FLBB89

FLBB89

MuscleHead
May 27, 2013
I have had this conversation with people before...even at the peak of your gh production in your youth, you are not going to produce more than the equivalent of 0.5-1.0 iu MAX (i found some studies on this measuring gh output, google it/pubmed it) so I dont really subscribe to the idea of not using gh at night if you are young. IMO its like saying dont do a cycle of test when you are your 20s because your test is at an all time high when you would be putting way more testosterone in your bloodsteam than youd produce at any age.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I have had this conversation with people before...even at the peak of your gh production in your youth, you are not going to produce more than the equivalent of 0.5-1.0 iu MAX (i found some studies on this measuring gh output, google it/pubmed it) so I dont really subscribe to the idea of not using gh at night if you are young. IMO its like saying dont do a cycle of test when you are your 20s because your test is at an all time high when you would be putting way more testosterone in your bloodsteam than youd produce at any age.

I think why it's recommended for older guys to pin at nite is the body produces it's largest pulses of gh at night. It's a attempt to replicate the body's natural rhythms of hg pulses
This is a small excerpt of a paper I read

Since GH is released when you sleep, it must follow that SLEEP is also critical to every athlete. Many elite athletes are known to take naps during the day between work-outs. This not only provides them with additional rest, but it also increases GH secretion. Of course it is unrealistic for most working athletes to be able to take naps (unless you live and work in a region that practices the siesta), therefore getting adequate sleep must be a major priority. Sacrificing sleep results in sacrificing release of growth hormone which leads to inadequate recovery. This becomes important when one consistently deprives the body of adequate sleep in order to wake-up to complete that early morning work-out.

ghrelease2.GIF
Additionally, GH release is based on the body's circadian rhythms. More GH is released during the earlier hours of the night then the later hours. Thus, sleep schedules are also important as 8 hours of sleep from 10 pm to 6 am causes greater GH release than 8 hours of sleep from midnight to 8 am. The above diagram shows pulses of growth hormone corresponding to the four sleep cycles that occur during an average good night's sleep.
Exercise and physical stress also increase GH levels, however the majority of GH release occurs during sleep.

Somatotropic cells in the anterior pituitary gland then synthesize and secrete GH in a pulsatile manner, in response to these stimuli by the hypothalamus. The largest and most predictable of these GH peaks occurs about an hour after onset of sleep with plasma levels of 13 to 72 ng/mL.[SUP][13][/SUP] Otherwise there is wide variation between days and individuals. Nearly fifty percent of GH secretion occurs during the third and fourth NREM sleep stages.[SUP][14][/SUP] Surges of secretion during the day occur at 3- to 5-hour intervals.[SUP][3][/SUP] The plasma concentration of GH during these peaks may range from 5 to even 45 ng/mL.[SUP][15][/SUP] Between the peaks, basal GH levels are low, usually less than 5 ng/mL for most of the day and night.[SUP][13][/SUP] Additional analysis of the pulsatile profile of GH described in all cases less than 1 ng/ml for basal levels while maximum peaks were situated around 10-20 ng/mL.[SUP][16][/SUP][SUP][17][/SUP]
A number of factors are known to affect GH secretion, such as age, sex, diet, exercise, stress, and other hormones.[SUP][3][/SUP] Young adolescents secrete GH at the rate of about 700 μg/day, while healthy adults secrete GH at the rate of about 400 μg/day.[SUP][18][/SUP] Sleep deprivation generally suppresses GH release, particularly after early adulthood.[SUP][19][/SUP]
Stimulators of growth hormone (GH) secretion include:

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
I agree with the above. When younger take it at am.
My buddy explained it like this. U are supplementing your level Of gh. U already make it at night. U are blunting the bodies natural gh release by taking it at night. Why not take it in the am to get full use of what u take in additions to your already existing nightly pulse of gh. However if taking a decent dose say 5-10 iu daily I would suggest doing am and post workout or even again later. Mimic the bodies release more by splitting doses daily.

N

Nobel252

Jun 28, 2012
basically once exogenous gh is administered, endogenous is suppressed for about 24hours.. Plus we forgot to take into consideration that IGF-1 also suppresses natural gh, so now we have 2 components working together to suppress endogenous which therefore will keep natural gh suppressed for 24hours.

so bedtime shots seem to be the best to do. You shoot your gh go to sleep get your natural peak then the exogenous gh kicks in (takes 4 hrs to kick in) and then gh is active for quite some time. So this way you get almost double the dosage Natural and exog in one night.

Here's a study that showed that after gh administration for females endogenous gh levels were suppressed up to 30 hours so even administering gh prior to bedtime one will continuously shutdown their endogenous levels of gh:

CLINICAL STUDIES Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of GH: dependence on route and dosage of administration, Alexandra Keller, Eur J Endocrinol June 1, 2007 156 647-653

Abstract

Objective: Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data after recombinant human GH (rhGH) administration in adults are scarce, but necessary to optimize replacement therapy and to detect doping. We examined pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and 20 kDa GH after injection of rhGH at different doses and routes of administration.

Design: Open-label crossover study with single boluses of rhGH.

Methods: Healthy trained subjects (10 males, 10 females) received bolus injections of rhGH on three occasions: 0.033 mg/kg s.c., 0.083 mg/kg s.c., and 0.033 mg/kg i.m. Concentrations of 22 and 20 kDa GH, IGF-I, and IGF-binding proteins (IGFBP)-3 were measured repeatedly before and up to 36 h after injection.

Results: Serum GH maximal concentration (Cmax) and area under the time-concentration curve (AUC) were higher after i.m. than s.c. administration of 0.033 mg/kg (Cmax 35.5 and 12.0 ***956; g/l; AUC 196.2 and 123.8). Cmax and AUC were higher in males than in females (P < 0.01) and pharmacodynamic changes were more pronounced. IGFBP-3 concentrations showed no dose dependency. In response to rhGH administration, 20 kDa GH decreased in females and remained suppressed for 14***8211;18 h (low dose) and 30 h (high dose). In males, 20 kDa GH was undetectable at baseline and throughout the study.

Conclusions: After rhGH administration, pharmacokinetic parameters are mainly influenced by route of administration, whereas pharmacodynamic variables and 20 kDa GH concentrations are determined mainly by gender. These differences need to be considered for therapeutic use and for detection of rhGH doping.

In response to rhGH administration, 20 kDa GH decreased in females and remained suppressed for 14***8211;18 h (low dose) and 30 h (high dose). In males, 20 kDa GH was undetectable at baseline and throughout the study.

Variables that can change things are gender, administration type e.g. SC or IM , dosage and timing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic