Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

GH Gut or steroid belly?

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
since the dawn of GH and the over usage of Gh and AAS I am curious what really causes this internal intestinal growth? Intestines small, large and even colon are smooth muscle tissue right? We know of 3 types in the human body cardiac, smooth, and skeletal, but if both skeletal and cardiac muscle tissue can see growth from tension + calorie intake + recuperation + and hormone increased protein synthesis, why does everyone blame GH the culprit for the larger distended midsections many of the top pros have today even dieted down. Smooth muscle contrasts through a process of paristalsis (SP) when food is passed down through the intestines so u have tension, u have hormone from AAS or GH, maybe even insulin. Im curious if GH is the lone culprit or the conjunction of both or more drugs? Im not a fan at all of the distended belly, even dex, and victor have it, in both dvd's from the Titans they are relaxed and it hangs out yummy. Yes I did say dex, what r your guys' thoughts on this, what do u think it should be attributed to?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
GH or more specifically IGF-1 can cause muscle growth without stimulation or stress. While AAS increase the size of muscle cells, IGF-1 can increase the number of muscle cells in a given area. That "theory" is called hyperplasia. Plus, there are a large number of IGF-1 receptors in the abdominal region. These peptides can cause every organ in your body to grow with the exception of the brain and eyes.

That's why Arnold has no "Growth Gut" in your avatar. His muscle was built from food, genetics, and AAS, not peptides.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Well as prominant as the phrase "GH gut" has become, I am not sure how much, if any, truth it holds. There is no question that many top level BB's today have a distended belly, but the cause is widely debated. GH is used regularly in anti-aging clinics and those patients have yet to present with bulbous stomach's. The doses in antiaging application are much lower, but one would expect to see a lesser form of the distension. Dorian Yates postulates that it maybe a combination of insulin and degraded intestinal flora from oral steroids, not GH, that causes the abdominal distension. I don't believe that actual organ growth is occuring as retired BB's, and I mean truly retired, no longer present with "GH Gut." Who the hell knows? I still say they look damn impressive.

S

Sammy555

Feb 22, 2012
It's not gh. A lot of guys on here run a lot of good gh with 0 issues. It's not intestinal growth either, as previous poster said, look at retired pros. I think it's a combination of visceral fat from loads of slin, eating an absolute ton of food and carbs inparticular and heavy dead lifting and squatting building large muscular cores and being do freaking big full stop. Some of these guys would snap if they had a 30 inch waist

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
It's not gh. A lot of guys on here run a lot of good gh with 0 issues. It's not intestinal growth either, as previous poster said, look at retired pros. I think it's a combination of visceral fat from loads of slin, eating an absolute ton of food and carbs inparticular and heavy dead lifting and squatting building large muscular cores and being do freaking big full stop. Some of these guys would snap if they had a 30 inch waist

i like your response but we also cant forget what was stated above about igf. igf will def make the cells in your intestines to grow and gh also increases igf also. i would say that with the combo of gh igf and eating tons of food is the best answer for the issue

18gauge

Feb 3, 2012
try eating 2 cups of oatmeal 5 times a day plus 10-14 ounces of meat with every meal, plus a couple shakes added in. you could have zero test and zero gh in your system and you'd still be distended as fuck

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
try eating 2 cups of oatmeal 5 times a day plus 10-14 ounces of meat with every meal, plus a couple shakes added in. you could have zero test and zero gh in your system and you'd still be distended as fuck

that is exactly how i eat off season but i eat 16oz of protein every meal and yes i get very distented. it goes away when i diet down big time though

S

skii

May 15, 2012

This is your answer! The guys you are talking about, watch a true video of them eating, INSANE!!!

G

GoPower

Jun 10, 2012
It can still be GH s many of these pro may have produced a lot naturally. I cast my vote for genetics. I have not seen many thick-boned power men who don't have a waist girth. And, I have also seen quite a few skinny (untrained) men with big belly.

There is no one solution. We all get to do battle with the challenges we were given.

C

ClintDarden

Jun 15, 2012
GH Gut was created by people that needed a reason to say why other people were beating them at shows. "But they have GH Gut! And I'm....ummm...natural." Doesn't exist.

I was fully distended with abs long before I ever tried any Peptides.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Personly the physics I see today on the bb stage are terrible compared to the 70s 80s and 90s.the huge amounts of gh with the introduction of insulin fucked the sport.just my 2 cents worth

crunk-flexx

crunk-flexx

Dec 30, 2010
I was heard that arnold puts his sperm in a protein shake. Maybe thats the reason why he has superior physique......say what?>!>!?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic