Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Getting started

R

roger2686

Dec 29, 2019
I have numerous injuries and I'm trying to just move better
I have FIVE bulgin discs in my back , nerve compression, pars defect. Tight muscles, I can't lift my right arm above my shoulder. I can't lift my legs good and I have back spasms ,neuropathy in my hands and feet. I had rhabdomyolysis in late December.

I've lost 23 pounds in the past 2 months as a start and I'm getting an epidural the 28th . I can walk about a mile before my shins calves and quads start getting weak.

What would you recommend I start with ? I have free weights at home , a kettle bell or two , an incline decline bench. I plan on getting an exercise bike soon and I have resistance bands coming .

I know slow and steady is the way

This is not a troll post not looking to get flamed

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
First get clearance from your doctor to work out. Since you have injuries and issues; I would first want to make sure my tendons & ligaments are strong. I created an injury as a result from front-snap kicking making my right leg weaker when doing hamstrings. I strengthen that tendon/ligament by doing very simple short range of motion exercises. I’m no physical therapist and claim to know the extent of your injury but that is how I came back after years of strengthening that right leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

roger2686

Dec 29, 2019
First get clearance from your doctor to work out. Since you have injuries and issues; I would first want to make sure my tendons & ligaments are strong. I created an injury as a result from front-snap kicking making my right leg weaker when doing hamstrings. I strengthen that tendon/ligament by doing very simple short range of motion exercises. I’m no physical therapist and claim to know the extent of your injury but that is how I came back after years of strengthening that right leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes sense . Right now my only wish is to move a bit better. This year has wreaked havoc on my body . If I can walk a lil better and not be so stiff I'll be happy . I'm in no way shape or form ready to hit the gym in an aggressive way .

Maybe half a mile on the exercise bike to loosen my legs a bit at a slow but steady pace

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic