Kiddorism
What's New?

Getting Adequate Sleep For Muscle Growth

• Thread starter JenksDewYouTube
  • Start Date
J

JenksDewYouTube

Jun 22, 2021
Firstly I'll explain why many people don't see the results they crave at the gym. In order to recover from exercise whether it's weightlifting or cardiovascular activity, your sleep & nutrition have to be in check with your training regimen to see progress over time. It's also very easy to have the mentality of pushing your body to the extreme through doing too much activity leading to overtraining but I could make a whole other video about that topic! The more activity you do the more sleep you'll need in order to see muscle growth & to allow your body to fully recover before your next weightlifting session. Not only your sleep but also your nutrition plays a very big role in the whole muscle growth process. How long should you sleep for muscle growth? I will be sharing a sleep and muscle recovery study on where they compared two groups of people. One group having around 5 - 6 hours of sleep per night compared to another group getting around 8 hours of sleep a night. Watch the video throughout to find out how much muscle each group exactly gained throughout the study. Getting adequate sleep & recovery is the most optimal way on how to speed up muscle growth naturally as sleep enhances growth hormone secretion during sleep. As well as other hormones such as testosterone a key hormone that contributes to muscle growth.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Ya, most people don't understand how easy it is to overtrain , get injured, and make nominal gains if any at all. Your muscle needs to heal, stimulate don't anialate. Your nervous system needs a day off between every workout. And then your tendons and joint health. Dante Trudel has a great write up on this with his DoggCrapp workout. I'm not talking pre contest or fat loss workouts. Pure muscle and weight gain.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Ya, most people don't understand how easy it is to overtrain , get injured, and make nominal gains if any at all. Your muscle needs to heal, stimulate don't anialate. Your nervous system needs a day off between every workout. And then your tendons and joint health. Dante Trudel has a great write up on this with his DoggCrapp workout. I'm not talking pre contest or fat loss workouts. Pure muscle and weight gain.

I would suspect most newbies to lifting don't even know about the CNS!....DC knows what he is talking about!!!....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I use this graphic in class because so many young lifters don't understand how important rest is or even why rest at night is very important.

Exercise componants.JPG

Here is something equally as important...the CIrcadian Cycle.

1200px-Biological_clock_human.svg[1].png

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
But wait, that can't be right, can it?? Testosterone at 9am?! naaaaaww, has to be earlier in the morning than THAT! 9am everybody's already at work. That has to be a typo.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
"Testosterone secretion has a diurnal pattern of secretion. Peak levels are reached in the morning between 07:00 and 10:00, a trough is seen in the evening and levels then begin to rise again at night."

Gall H et al. 1979 Andrologia 11 287−92.

That time is about an average. Of course this changes with sun rise an sun set times (winter vs summer) and of course day light savings time. Which is exactly why so many people feel kind of screwed up for a few days after a time change. Like jet lag. The human body physiologically works off the sun cycles. Whether or not you get up at 4:30 to got to work makes no difference in when the sun comes up. Now if you are a late sleeper and have the blinds close you can totally screw up this cycle. Same with people who work night shifts and sleep during the day. Your whole circadian system can be thrown off and the body will not function optimally.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic