Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Get out of jail free card? Revolving Door? WTF?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Once we started living with my grandparents it was a real nice area. I was that kid, clean pools shovel snow , mow grass. Always had a pocket full of money to take a girl out or get what I needed. Just seemed to make sense to me.
I use to take our push lawn mower around the neighbor hood when I was in around 13 and ask if I could mow the yards for $5. I got lots of business. As a 15 year old, I got my 1st real job and worked every since then. Its a different world now and kids are getting different messages. I just hope the old pendulum of life starts swinging to the other direction before society as we know its here is completely destroyed.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
I use to take our push lawn mower around the neighbor hood when I was in around 13 and ask if I could mow the yards for $5. I got lots of business. As a 15 year old, I got my 1st real job and worked every since then. Its a different world now and kids are getting different messages. I just hope the old pendulum of life starts swinging to the other direction before society as we know its here is completely destroyed.
Other than fishing with my grandfather and working on the boats he had.

My first job was working at my cousins cedar saw mill catching the slats and throwing em on a sled we had once it got full i had to hurry up and band it then push it out side and get it moved with the tractor.

Wasn't making enough and wanted a car so I started working weekends at the local slaughterhouse up in Dover on the kill floor for a whopping 1.95 an hour , good times.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I guess my big induction to life was getting drafted right out of my senior year in HS.. Off I go to Vietnam. The Marine Corps taught me to appreciate life and be thankful for being alive. Maybe the draft is something we need to bring back. All of those who want to be street rats and cause problem in school, welcome to the military. All those who get arrested for serious crimes, its prison or the military. In the Vietnam experience, many of those who never came back were criminals tying to avoid long prison sentences.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I guess my big induction to life was getting drafted right out of my senior year in HS.. Off I go to Vietnam. The Marine Corps taught me to appreciate life and be thankful for being alive. Maybe the draft is something we need to bring back. All of those who want to be street rats and cause problem in school, welcome to the military. All those who get arrested for serious crimes, its prison or the military. In the Vietnam experience, many of those who never came back were criminals tying to avoid long prison sentences.
They drafted prisoners? I didn’t even know that. They should offer military to all prisoners with a longer sentence than a year. As long as they pas a psych evaluation. I met a lot of good guys “up the road” that just needed some structure and discipline. Some of them preferred being in there because of the structure it gives them. Would help with growing our military and help with the overcrowding of our prison system. That’s one of the reasons they are reducing sentences. There’s no room for them. And same with decriminalizing weed and lower sentences for drug offenders. Instead of letting them out to go back to what they know. Give them an opportunity in the military. Better than letting transsexuals in for Christ sake!

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Other than fishing with my grandfather and working on the boats he had.

My first job was working at my cousins cedar saw mill catching the slats and throwing em on a sled we had once it got full i had to hurry up and band it then push it out side and get it moved with the tractor.

Wasn't making enough and wanted a car so I started working weekends at the local slaughterhouse up in Dover on the kill floor for a whopping 1.95 an hour , good times.
I started working at 13 down the road at a farm picking melons for 3.35 an hour under the table 12 hour days in the summer.
I was happy as a pig in shit. Money in my pocket. Can't imagine today paying $1000 for a kid to have a phone. My dad told me whatever money I saved by 16 that he'd match it. Not a migrant or homeless person in sight everyone working the field was happy to be there.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
They drafted prisoners? I didn’t even know that. They should offer military to all prisoners with a longer sentence than a year. As long as they pas a psych evaluation. I met a lot of good guys “up the road” that just needed some structure and discipline. Some of them preferred being in there because of the structure it gives them. Would help with growing our military and help with the overcrowding of our prison system. That’s one of the reasons they are reducing sentences. There’s no room for them. And same with decriminalizing weed and lower sentences for drug offenders. Instead of letting them out to go back to what they know. Give them an opportunity in the military. Better than letting transsexuals in for Christ sake!
No bro, they got you in court as part of a plea deal. Guys then were getting busted with pot and being offered a life sentence, they pleaded out and went to war instead.. To get out they joined the service. Criminal records meant nothing. Drop out of school and uncle same came to get you. Oh, I agree using prisoners would be a great way to clean them out. Wanna be a tough guy, now you can. The military has a great way to strip everyone of their identity, give them a now one and then teach them how to kill. Some of these street rats that got sent to Vietnam actually turned their lives around when they got back. At least they learned a trade and learned some discipline. Guys my age feared getting kicked out of high school and getting in trouble because we knew where we were going. Bro, our military is getting way too picky with who can join. Take all of these fat fucks who are too lazy to work and let a drill sergeant get ahold of them in boot camp. Send them to war and let them figure it all out then.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
As the guy who was the Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Commander of 1400+ Marines and in charge of discipline, no fucking way. Haha.

Even when we lower our standards for enlistment and reenlistment, like we did in the surge years, the military suffers. We are still paying for that dumbass move. Those guys are now Staff Non-Commissioned Officers and most are straight garbage. They have been promoted passed their level of competence, but you end up getting stuck with them, because they sign a contract that takes them to retirement. Now you have this piece of shit cancer sitting around poisoning the younger service members. I say it again, no fucking way. All volunteer force and keep the standards high. I would rather take a shorthanded squad of warriors into battle than a full strength squad of clowns. Those dumbasses are likely to get their asses shot anyways and now instead of losing one in the fight I lose 3-4, because the others are tending to their wounds and carrying them out.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I understand upset at lack of consequence for serious offenders — But we have to be careful in asking for a fascist (zero tolerance authoritarianism) approach.
If you believe that there exists no more consequence for “offenses” (even relatively mild acts), then break some law yourself and you’ll quickly find there’s relatively little slack YOU will get.
The apparent purposeful leniency for many serious offenders, must be a strategy the institutional powers at large have put into place.
The US we knew, is done.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Then people in Baltimore wonder why crime is out of control? Crime in Baltimore rose 162.99% above the national average in 2022. Woke ideas of law enforcement always lead to out of control crime rates. We had a similar case here when an illegal raped a 16 year old and got her pregnant.. A judge gave him a $1 bond because he couldn't afford any more than that. Crime is out of control in Harris County/Houston too. Hell, our Harris County judge who is in charge of running the county has not worked a day since she got re-elected last November. Why, she is having emotional issues that prevent her from doing her job so she is in some kind of tax payer funded mental rehab. Tax payers are still paying her salary of almost $200,000/yr.
People find ways to milk the system

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Every politician at every level sure has figured that out. I guess its why they get into politics.
Hi I'm Thrawn, I would like to be your representative in Washington

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic