Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Gerry McNamara Squats 881 @ 156 for world record

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Here is Gerry McNamara squatting a world record squat in the GPC of 881lbs or 400kg This was accomplished at the recent Irish Powerlifting Championships.

Gerry is coached by the legendary Louis Simmons of Westside Barbell...

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
would love to see some video of this lift....

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
would love to see some video of this lift....

Couldn't find any of this lift, but youtube does have him doing 380kg = 836lbs in an earlier meet. He would actually be 75kg = 165 himself, pretty sure the 156 is a typo that originally comes from Powerliftingwatch.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Stupid question..... Not taking anything away from a HUGE amount of weight moved.

I am not sure if that pic is the bottom of his lift or not. I also know very little about the actual sport of true powerlifting. But I always thought a full squat was when the crease of your hip went below the knee. He looks pretty high from that pic. (still a ton of weight again)

I know absolutely ZERO about equipped lifting. Are the rules for depth different when wearing gear? Seems like all the 'world record' vids I seem to see of guys in suits look WAY high.

Someone enlighten me.

And again....super heavy weight regardless

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yes, it should break parallel. This pic may or may not be at his bottom position. Some fed's are more lax than others.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I would be happy to quarter squat half that and I have 20lbs on him.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Stupid question..... Not taking anything away from a HUGE amount of weight moved.

I am not sure if that pic is the bottom of his lift or not. I also know very little about the actual sport of true powerlifting. But I always thought a full squat was when the crease of your hip went below the knee. He looks pretty high from that pic. (still a ton of weight again)

I know absolutely ZERO about equipped lifting. Are the rules for depth different when wearing gear? Seems like all the 'world record' vids I seem to see of guys in suits look WAY high.

Someone enlighten me.

And again....super heavy weight regardless

Its multi ply. You can't hardly get that parallel. It depends though how tight your gear is
That might not be where it stopped either. He probably dipped a little after that depth.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Its multi ply. You can't hardly get that parallel. It depends though how tight your gear is
That might not be where it stopped either. He probably dipped a little after that depth.

I was assuming (possibly) that the pic was not at the bottom. But I have seen many other vids where the guys are not even coming close to a full squat and that was my question.

Like I said...heavy regardless. But I am clueless about geared lifting.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Great Pic! Great Lift! Thanks for posting!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic