Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

German Volume Training 10X10

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
Whats peoples experience with german volume training and steroids. Did any of yall get great results? For those that do not know what GVT is its doing one exercise 10 sets of 10 reps at around 70% of 1RM. Found out about it through Charles Poliquin. First in old muscle media and then in t-mag.com Any personal experiences or insight would be greatly appreciated.

C

cmonan

Sep 24, 2010
I would also be interested in people's experience with this, because it sounds intense and I would like to try it someday...

rocco-x

rocco-x

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2010
i had started one at the end of spring but due to my job and this years horrid summer my workouts were practically done with.i did it for about 3-4 weeks and you think it's easy in the first few sets but by the 7th-8th set you find out those last few are harder than you thought.it did put on some size and strength tho in those few weeks.i'm starting one this month now that it's cooler out and i can finally eat again.(the high heat and work kill my appetite).hopefully i'll be able to do it until i get some decent results then go back to my max-ot(another great routine)

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I did it when i was on cycle but it's really noting extremely impressive. For some it works wonders, for others it doesn't. You have to try it yourself and see how that goes.

W1LL

W1LL

Oct 5, 2010
If you're one of those guys who equates a good workout to an intense pump, you will no doubt love this program. I tried this program for a couple weeks my first year of college. My only real dislike about the program is that there really is no way to log strength at all. you're doing ten damn per exercise, and since the muscle fibers that are being stimulated are not entirely fast twitch, it's not like you can just up the weight 5 or 10lb every week. I think it's extremely good for bodybuilders focusing entirely on hypertrophy but anyone else remotely concerned with strength I would choose another program.

Something also to consider. As previously mentioned, it's 10 sets of 10. keep that in mind during exercise selection. if you're currently doing 4 exercises for chest and only doing 3 or 4 working sets don't expect to do 10 sets each exercise. if i recall correctly charles advises 1 or two exercises with this program. don't quote me on that, been awhile since i've done it

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I like the GVT. It will smoke you after the first 4-5 sets. It's great for a little cardio and to get your blood flowing. It's probably not going make you make huge jumps on your 1RM but it's a good change of pace and gives tHe body a break from the heavy lifting. You only do the 10x10 for the single exercise and the other accessory stuff I did like 3x8 or whatever. If you keep your rest times down to 60 seconds to 90"seconds it can smoke you.

B

bossman

Sep 26, 2014
i'm thinking about doing this in about a month with some trest/epistane. i did it once before but i forget what my results were exactly. i know i liked it tho.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic