Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

GERD/Acid reflux

Ziegler

Ziegler

Sep 9, 2015
Along those lines of apple cider vinegar this and that go ahead and try some black or green tea kambucha.

Great for digestive health and heart burn.

They are expensive to buy at the super market but you can make your own for about a dollar a gallon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I had acid reflux so bad I couldn't eat for days in my early twenties. It developed from poor diet and alcohol abuse. One day I finished one of the baseball bats of Grey Goose with a chick and then went to McDonalds. I think I ate like 40 chicken nuggets and passed out immediately after for 12 hours. Apparently I was so drunk I kept sleeping during a serious case of acid reflux and burned a small hole in my esophagus. I was in the hospital swallowing charcoal and getting x-rays and couldn't eat shit for a week. They gave me prescription Prilosec, the sublingual ones, and for months I used them either before a bad meal or right when the reflux kicked in. So dumb. It worked within minutes though! Years later it disappeared and I looked back on what could've stopped it... Turns out that a decade of crushing sweet tea as the only beverage morning/noon/night other than when I was drinking like an Animal House character was the problem. That and all the fast food. Once I started to clean my dietary choices up the reflux was over. I still eat fast food and pizza and shit now, but back then it was really bad. All fast food breakfasts daily and fried chicken/pizza/Chinese take out ALL the time.

Since then I've noticed that it'll come back for a day or two if I have too many days of drinking + poor diet. It's crazy how long it went on while I just accepted it and lived uncomfortably. Now when it pops up it's super impressionable and I feel terrible for treating myself like that. Maybe once or twice a year, if at all.
RAIDEN any luck with changing up the diet?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I have just been using otc prilosec for the past 7 years works great and no voodoo pita ritual, take the pill and get on with my day.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I had acid reflux so bad I couldn't eat for days in my early twenties. It developed from poor diet and alcohol abuse. One day I finished one of the baseball bats of Grey Goose with a chick and then went to McDonalds. I think I ate like 40 chicken nuggets and passed out immediately after for 12 hours. Apparently I was so drunk I kept sleeping during a serious case of acid reflux and burned a small hole in my esophagus. I was in the hospital swallowing charcoal and getting x-rays and couldn't eat shit for a week. They gave me prescription Prilosec, the sublingual ones, and for months I used them either before a bad meal or right when the reflux kicked in. So dumb. It worked within minutes though! Years later it disappeared and I looked back on what could've stopped it... Turns out that a decade of crushing sweet tea as the only beverage morning/noon/night other than when I was drinking like an Animal House character was the problem. That and all the fast food. Once I started to clean my dietary choices up the reflux was over. I still eat fast food and pizza and shit now, but back then it was really bad. All fast food breakfasts daily and fried chicken/pizza/Chinese take out ALL the time.

Since then I've noticed that it'll come back for a day or two if I have too many days of drinking + poor diet. It's crazy how long it went on while I just accepted it and lived uncomfortably. Now when it pops up it's super impressionable and I feel terrible for treating myself like that. Maybe once or twice a year, if at all.
RAIDEN any luck with changing up the diet?

Yea, switching up the diet and making better choices has definitely curbed the symptoms. I don't eat chocolate or acidic stuff hours before bed time. That has helped alot. Other than that, no big flare ups and I keep Rolaids or Tums close by if shit should pop off... that usually takes care of it.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Yea, switching up the diet and making better choices has definitely curbed the symptoms. I don't eat chocolate or acidic stuff hours before bed time. That has helped alot. Other than that, no big flare ups and I keep Rolaids or Tums close by if shit should pop off... that usually takes care of it.

Good stuff. Being careful before bed is extremely important.

Ziegler

Ziegler

Sep 9, 2015
I have just been using otc prilosec for the past 7 years works great and no voodoo pita ritual, take the pill and get on with my day.

Are you using it on your own self medication or did a doctor subscribe it to you ?

That's hard core stuff and what it does is shuts down the little acid pumps in your stomach that help break down the food and aid in digestion.

Just curious about if you have ever ran out of it and if you have what happened ?

I was on it for awhile like I said and when I decided to get off of it oh boy I'm telling you that shit is a son of a bitch to kick.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
Are you using it on your own self medication or did a doctor subscribe it to you ?

That's hard core stuff and what it does is shuts down the little acid pumps in your stomach that help break down the food and aid in digestion.

Just curious about if you have ever ran out of it and if you have what happened ?

I was on it for awhile like I said and when I decided to get off of it oh boy I'm telling you that shit is a son of a bitch to kick.

^^^With you on this..

almost everything I have read has talked about avoiding dependency on OTCs for reflux....change of diet and upping water intake has always seemed to be the more safe alternative...and I guess I'm one of many who take AC Vinegar with positive results as far as decrease in heartburn....

mjbanks

mjbanks

Nov 4, 2015
Too many sugars, not enough kisses, lolmg i'm awesome.

> team sleep crew <

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Just noticed, when I posted this thread, I was running 2 orals and that could of been a culprit to what was going on. I dropped the orals not too long after my original post and I'm certain symptoms started to subside. I still get the ocassional heart burn now and then, but nothing like what I initially described.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Just noticed, when I posted this thread, I was giving 2 guys oral and that could of been a culprit to what was going on. I dropped giving oral not too long after my original post and I'm certain symptoms started to subside. I still do a ocassional glory hole now and then, but nothing like what I initially described.
now thats just crazy Raiden ...........

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011

Self medicated for like 7 years now, maybe not the best idea ever but it worked than and works now and I am PHUKED withouit it...lol
might try the alternatives on here and see what happens.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I get it off and on throughout the year, and when it comes up, I usually am able to knock it out using Omeprazole (I get it from Costco).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic