What's New?

Genetics and Muscles

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Calves and Chest are my strongest. Arms and Shoulders are my weakest
I try curling it doesnt work.

I really wish I had BIG triceps and a wide back if anything.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Calves and Chest are my strongest. Arms and Shoulders are my weakest
I try curling it doesnt work.

I really wish I had BIG triceps and a wide back if anything.

lol, really!?

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Exactly like an annoying little brother. Overall he's fairly entertaining.

jks1

jks1

Aug 30, 2015
Back and pecs are my strong suits, calves the weakest by far, I have typical black man calves, high and small that are practically unresponsive to training

Small, weak calves aside, I always was naturally a fast sprinter

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
My quads and butt grew from my first squatting session, but everything else has been at least somewhat of a challenge to grow. Calves are still a weakness, but lower body overall grew faster than upper. Arms and shoulders grew faster than torso. Chest grew faster than back. Bis faster than tris.

After a few years of training, my torso actually began to overpower my delts and arms, and my back eventually became my best upper bodypart.

Bodybuilding genetics for me overall are average at best - probably somewhat below average. Persistence works pretty well over time though.

M

MissLC

TID Lady Member
Nov 23, 2015
I had quads before doing a single squat. Lol my back responds really quickly, too. My rear delts need extra attention and my hamstrings need a few more sets than other muscle groups.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
One thing that's really worked well for me for weaker body parts is training them more freq. vs than hammering them to death 1x/wk. The increase in freq plus volume increase that comes with has done wonders for me.

Also cutting down on heavy ass weight and really feeling the muscle mind connection. Once you get that numbing burn, that's when the growing happens. Just don't rip anything and warm up good.

Last edited:
Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
My genetics said I would be small.

Wrong

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic