Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Genetics and Muscles

S

sniper33

Sep 19, 2010
Everyone acknowledges that genetics play a big part in bodybuilding. Since I've began training I've noticed that my quads grow very well whilst my biceps are a very stubborn muscle!

The questions I ask are

1) What is your strongest and weakest body part?
2) What have you done to improve your weak point and was it successful?
3) If you could have any strong body part what would It be? (For me it would be to have big, peaked biceps)

Thanks

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
1) No weak parts for me really. Everything grows equally fast. Just parts that need a bit more attention because they get easily over-trained. These are my rear delts and my triceps.

2) I try not to overtrain them and try new training strategies all the time. My rear delts for example respond very very well to giant sets whereas my triceps get overtrained unless i take at least 90" of rest between sets.

3) I honestly can't tell. As I said above, i don't think i have any weak parts.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
We have a lot in common... for me everything grows equally slow :D

LMAO. I have this affliction as well. And if i take any time off, I lose it 10x faster than I gain it.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Arms and shoulders grow without any direct training. My arms are 19.5 inches lean, prob 3%bf on my arms and 6% BF total.

Chest and calves are my lacking part. Tris and shoulders are brutally strong.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Best body part calves 17' and i dont train them, next is legs glutes. Back grows super fast and so did shoulders b4 injury but they are growing without training them as well. Biceps have always been a week spot also i have a hard time with front delt. Most likely because i have a week chest.

N

NaughtyVibes

Feb 12, 2013
strongest back, best looking i think shoulders and glutes lol, weakest arms and i have a hard time bring up my legs

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Shoulders are strong & quick to grow, everything else just seems to come when it's ready. Legs are strong but don't grow a great deal.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I had lagging delts last year. The solution? I gave up control. I let my fiance design my shoulder training routine. She has me doing everything I didn't like to do for shoulders. Super sets. Giant sets. Drop sets. Some exercises that I never used and in an order I would not usually do them.

This year, my delts are one of my best body parts.

Give someone else control. Get out of your comfort zone.

jrice

jrice

Jun 3, 2013
Shoulders and arms always strong chest grows average......Calves def my hard gainer my old trainer used to call me "Pixie sticks"....I'm with Giant Slayer on this one ..a fresh approach is best......

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Legs.
I am one of those checks that reminds me of dudes in the gym, it looks like I only train upper body. My current trainer disagrees with me, however I want legs like you, TG!

I did recently relinquish control of my legwork out to my coach, and I almost puked during my first leg workout. My legs that night in the following night woke me up throbbing in pain, so aside from the fact that I didn't sleep I secretly hope that I'm doing something "right".

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic