lk has no balls
What's New?

Gas prices

scarl3tbutt3rfly

scarl3tbutt3rfly

TID Lady Member
Feb 25, 2011
Do gas prices impact your daily life?
Will gas prices have an impact on your vacation plans?
Will you drive less or consider a more efficient vehicle?

Not atm, and I don't think it would change how much I drive. However if the prices seriously got over $5/gal which some people are saying it will, I may think differently. At this point I go where I need to go, I don't drive frivolously. Vacation effects, no, as the only vacations I take anymore are to compete..lol (although again if things got crazy expensive, it might effect my ability to afford to compete…:( )

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Fuck the gas prices, it is what it is. Going to have to pay it no matter what. But still its not that bad when it hits $7.00 a gallon then I may start to bitch.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I get paid for mileage for driving to a job site everyday so usually the IRS increases the amount even during the year when the gas prices go up. As far as vacation goes that is usually a small portion unless it goes to $5-$6 which it might.

Yeah, and it's only $0.51/mile, yet a few years ago, it was $0.585/mile and gas was cheaper then.

our nuclear infrastructure was built in what the 70's??? we have not been allowed to expand or update it with newer, safer, and more efficient technology like say FRANCE which generates 75% of its power from newer nuclear technology.

Why? mostly because of the insane liberal left green "activists"....the same people who wont let California clear their brush which causes devastating forest fires, and so on....

The nuclear world is building and picking up speed now. The next decade will be extremely profitable for those within the industry. I'm in it and I am bringing in retarded money right now.

I live in Texas in a region that sits atop a geographic formation called the Barnett Shale. It is a massive natural gas deposit with huge economic potential. The red tape that drilling companies have to sort thru in order to utilize this resource is overwhelming. Is it from lawmakers? No, its from liberal douche bags protesting drilling for who the fuck knows why.

Like this license plate?

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
In the times of seeing gas prices go higher, it kind of puts a smile on my face since my father brother uncle and myself just had 3 oil wells drilled on some of our land and the are prodicing 80+ barrels a day. Unfortunetley though kansas oil price is slightly lower then the national barrel price but oh well.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Let's add some perspective. Maybe we are all just spoiled or stupid or both???

Item and cost/gallon (Virginia 2005)
Gasoline
$2.51

Milk
$2.99

Coca-Cola
$2.84

Gatorade
$5.20

Evian Water
$5.60

Orange Juice
$6.64

Crisco Oil
$7.44

Perrier Water
$8.16

Snapple
$10.32

Scope Mouthwash
$27.20

Lemon Oil
$27.22

Olive Oil
$51.04

Shampoo
$40.44

Real Maple Syrup
$57.08

Jack Daniel's Bourbon
$101.12

Visine Eye Drops
$995.84

Nasacort Nasal Spray
$2,615.28

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
Yeah, and it's only $0.51/mile, yet a few years ago, it was $0.585/mile and gas was cheaper then.

Back the the IRS made an adjustment in the middle of the year to bump the rate up when gas jumped up. Gas has jumped up quite a bit lately and if it stay they will probably act again.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I pulled up to a full service gas station today and told the man I only had a five... he said no problem... Took the five... farted... then said Have a nice day!

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Electric cars are funny.....where do you get electrical power from most of the time? COAL, its no cleaner really. not to mention how hazardous the batteries are....

I'm with you. But lets make more hydro-elec plants. WTF. Renewable energy just seems more logical to me. As for the batteries, we can recycle them, just like milk cartons.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
This all comes back to another way the Man is sticking it to us............................

scarl3tbutt3rfly

scarl3tbutt3rfly

TID Lady Member
Feb 25, 2011
I pulled up to a full service gas station today and told the man I only had a five... he said no problem... Took the five... farted... then said Have a nice day!

lmao. It is true though $5 in gas nowadays only gives you enough to get to another gas station lol, or the bank I guess.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
So captaincaveman, do you use 30 gallons of nasacort nasal spray a week? No? A little squirt bottle will last a couple months? Oh, so there's no comparison between gas and nasal spray.

Do you have anything to back up that claim or are you just reading some conspiracy theory website from some 19 year old living in his mothers basement?

Which part? the speculator's speculating that all these uprisings will hurt oil production so gas prices jump because of it? Or the Texas statement? Either way it sounds like you're equally as frustrated for the same reasons I am.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic