pbtom
What's New?

Garage Floor

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Garage is almost done, getting a coat of Spackle now, should I paint the floor with a heavy concrete paint or put down and Epoxy Shield?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Are you gonna pad under the "lifting areas"? If not then I'd stick to paint as touch ups will be needed once the training accidents begin.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Yeah, was going to make another post on pads :)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I use carpet remnants on my concrete floors (basement). That way I can move them around from deadlifts to landmines etc without needing to cover the floor with mats.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I use carpet remnants on my concrete floors (basement). That way I can move them around from deadlifts to landmines etc without needing to cover the floor with mats.
Thinking that would just get nasty in the garage with no moisture control.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I hang a few of these bad boys around the training area.
51DngYtydyL.jpg

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Also called "Damp Be Gone" bags. Mine are old as fuck 20+ years and can be hung in the sun and reused.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Most of the websites we've all searched for racks and benches and such also sell "flooring" of different types and price ranges. I've also seen references on bodybuilding boards to stuff sold for barns and stables. Not sure if that's intended to provide a cushion for the livestock from the cement floor underneath or vice-versa, but those animals often outweigh what we put on barbells, and any flooring like that oughta be ok with moisture.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
^^^^ I have stall mats 4x6 3/4 inch thick, heavy as shit, stay put.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Shag carpeting is what most billionaires are putting down in their ultra clean garages these days....

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Epoxy is good since when the time comes that you either sell, or decide that you dont want a gym in the garage, it serves a purpose.

Tiles are nicer, but cost more. But you can pull up and re-use when you are done. I bought the thinner ones, I think 8mm. They are durable as all get out. You can deadlift right on them, drop weights...etc.

The tiles are a little more expensive per sqft, but they are super easy to lay and you dont have to worry about 'seaming' them or holding in place.

If you plan on keeping garage gym a while, I would use the tiles. And you can always move/sell them if you want at a later point.

I bought from this place
https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/rubber-tiles.html

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I was thinking Epoxy or paint the whole floor and then do mats in just the one area where the rack is going.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic