Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Fucking hate walking into GNC.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I've got a bit of a lag between running out of my trueprotein supps and getting my next shipment in, so I had to break down and run out to GNC today to get some things to hold me over.

And I'm pretty sure I'll do whatever it takes to never have that lag again. I had some 19 year old pro-hormone taking, pizza-faced looking, puffy michelin man-boy telling me that hydrowhey doesn't absorb any quicker than any other protein, and in fact it's worse because they have to destroy aminos to get the chains so small. LOL. Then he tried to sell me GNC Extreme Whey 60, even though it has hydrolyzed whey IN IT! Then he proceeds to tell me that too much protein intake makes you fat because, and here's the kicker, IT SLOWS DOWN YOUR METABOLISM. I started to explain to him the concept of muscle mass and metabolism and protein etc, but I gave up when he said that bodybuilders are fat year round, and that when they are in contest shape, they're still fat, but they have no water in their bodies. I wanted to walk out and not buy anything, but I needed my protein and BCAAs, so I sucked it up, paid, and left, hopefully never to return.

Fuck GNC and the misinformation their employees push on customers, all to sell a product that pays them a certain stipend for every bottle sold.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
So you can verbally bash some dumbass with your superior knowledge of supps? lol

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
My one line retort to sales associates....."There is a reason why I'm bigger than you."

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
lol, very true. But this kid would've debated that fact. "Well that's because you are older and taller. I'm actually way bigger for my height and age than you are....."

A lesser man may have pushed a rack or two over after listening to this tool.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I was at a store one time and this guy told an old lady that she couldn't mix her protein with orange juice because, "the acid would destroy the protein." I blurted out "What do you think is in your stomach genius?" The old lady just chuckled.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
"When I want to look weak like you, Ill listen to you... "

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I try and avoid stores that carry muscle tech products in general... But I had the same issue as you last month. I ran into a Vitamin Shoppe (someone explain the extra pe in Shoppe to me?) and there were two high school kids staring at the case of "test boosters." They were arguing about what kind of liver support to take with it... I almost shit like DW in a jockstrap doing squats after eating a box of dulcolax when the guy working there told them that a test booster won't do anything for someone their age...

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
LOL... I love debating with morons. You should make it a point to go in there and routinely mess with him. Then after your ass is all fired up you'll go pound out the weights at the gym...LOL

My line I always use, is "how'd you figure that"? Just mess with the kid!!!

Body_Builder

Body_Builder

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2010
Don't even get me started on some of the dumb shit I've overheard employees saying in that store. Must be a prerequisite to work there or something...

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
lol..what do u expect at gnc?dw

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
im with dw on this one. i think i have only been in GNC about twice. i wear my dont mess with me look and dont talk to me look and they have always left me alone. :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic