RalfKelleh
What's New?

Fucking hate walking into GNC.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I got to a local place that sells mainly herbal and holistic stuff but their protein is cheap. I like bugging out all the hippies in there, lol

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Most local places that are chain stores (GNC, MaxMuscle, NutritionZone, NutriShop, etc) Train there employess to spew garbage about and push products that they make the highest margins on. I will admit, some of them are very good at bullshitting the average person. The key to actually having a good conversation is getting to know the owner of that shop. Each shop I've gone to I've found out that that's the only guy that doesn't bullshit you. One of them even told me about the higher margins on certain products. The difference is the guys that own the shop are certified to sell this kind of shit and the employees are not. The employees are there to make him money and the owner is there to put a friendly knowledgeable face forward. Although I will agree that GNC and MaxMuscle are the 2 worst IMO.

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
my gnc has a competitive BB running it so its much much different than most and he loves when i come in to bullshit and talk gear and peptides

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Most local places that are chain stores (GNC, MaxMuscle, NutritionZone, NutriShop, etc) Train there employess to spew garbage about and push products that they make the highest margins on. I will admit, some of them are very good at bullshitting the average person. The key to actually having a good conversation is getting to know the owner of that shop. Each shop I've gone to I've found out that that's the only guy that doesn't bullshit you. One of them even told me about the higher margins on certain products. The difference is the guys that own the shop are certified to sell this kind of shit and the employees are not. The employees are there to make him money and the owner is there to put a friendly knowledgeable face forward. Although I will agree that GNC and MaxMuscle are the 2 worst IMO.

Jobs being what they are today, they hire anyone they can who will take the shitty pay, then make them sell the most profitable items they have.
Let me tell you from experience, you will have your job threatened based off lack of these sales, its not really the dumbasses that work there's fault so much as corporate hammerring them to sell that whey 60 shit, multis and fish oils.
God help you at GNC if you dont, most of us have learned how to get our numbers with out pushing that shit out on someone, regardless the prices are just jacked up, but cheap sups keeps me there.
I have had people tell me often that they are shocked to come in and get 'real info'..sad...I have complained up many times that they are their worst enemy...but some fat 55 yr old in a suit who never lifts is who calls the shots, think he cares? YEah riiiiggghhtt!
Theres a reason Im in school...LOL!

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
When I lived in the Valley there was a supp store called House of Fitness that catered to bodybuilders. They always had workout video's playing on a tv and I had only ever seen competitive bodybuilders behind the counter; it was a good place. Too bad it, like all other supplement stores, are over priced. Not their fault though, they have more employees to pay than websites do. I almost feel bad when I order all my shit online...almost.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
We have a local place that I go through if I have to.The owner runs the counter and it really makes a difference in how your treated.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Thank God I work in a job where I don't have to sell anything.

Slic.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
I've got a bit of a lag between running out of my trueprotein supps and getting my next shipment in, so I had to break down and run out to GNC today to get some things to hold me over.

And I'm pretty sure I'll do whatever it takes to never have that lag again. I had some 19 year old pro-hormone taking, pizza-faced looking, puffy michelin man-boy telling me that hydrowhey doesn't absorb any quicker than any other protein, and in fact it's worse because they have to destroy aminos to get the chains so small. LOL. Then he tried to sell me GNC Extreme Whey 60, even though it has hydrolyzed whey IN IT! Then he proceeds to tell me that too much protein intake makes you fat because, and here's the kicker, IT SLOWS DOWN YOUR METABOLISM. I started to explain to him the concept of muscle mass and metabolism and protein etc, but I gave up when he said that bodybuilders are fat year round, and that when they are in contest shape, they're still fat, but they have no water in their bodies. I wanted to walk out and not buy anything, but I needed my protein and BCAAs, so I sucked it up, paid, and left, hopefully never to return.

Fuck GNC and the misinformation their employees push on customers, all to sell a product that pays them a certain stipend for every bottle sold.

Sounds like you were talking to MAYO lmfao

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Sounds like you were talking to MAYO lmfao

What....diuretics won't shred me down to Cutler status? Oh well...at least I got a free t-shirt outta the deal. BTW gixx...how's ur AIDS?

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
^my aids is EXCELLENT. Been spreading it like a wildfire.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Drives me crazy how hard the same lady tries to push the same products on me each tiem I go there.

BulldogMuscle

BulldogMuscle

Jul 31, 2012
the nutrition zone where im at is fucking awesome... never had a problem guy knows his shit...former marine you got to love it

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic