Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Fucking frustrated but Highly motivated

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
As I posted a awhile ago, had a c6-c7 disc replacement. That was pinching on my radial nerve. Due to bad advice and insurance taking so long for the replacement. My horseshoe part of the triceps atrophied. Leaving nothing there, great affective my strength. Also that same year 2021 tore my bicep and rotator cuff on the right side also.
Close to a year later no great improvement in strength, horseshoe accepted the fact it gone. But can't get any real strength back.
For example dumbbell incline barely could do 40lbs for 8. Not to live in the past but for example 150lbs was nothing. Left side no issue, so many knowledge people here and opinions on something I could try body is SOOOO ready to lift more but the roadblock is hindering so so much. Any opinions appreciated.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I had a pinched nerve in my neck/upper back. I waited too long to have surgery to fix it so I lost a lot of the use in my left hand. I always tell people that you can live with the pinched nerve but the damage is still being done so don’t wait to fix it.
I guess what I’m getting at is if the pinched nerve was the cause of any of your issues you’re probably stuck with it. Sorry Bubba but that’s just been my experience.

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
What sux is that it effects so many other pressing movements shoulders,chest. Looks like it is what it is

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey there, sorry to hear you are having issues. So did you ever have any surgeries to repair the items? I couldn't understand your post to know this so apologies.

I am 4 years post RC repair surgery; it took me a good year to get back to pushing what i was pushing before.
Warm ups are now a must.....and they should be for you as well....before pushing any metal.
Are you stretching and such?

If its just the weight, then push forward and master the lift before increasing weight. It should come, might be slow AF but it will come LOL.

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
Sorry I didn't specify had disc replacement and bicep and rotor cuff surgery last year all on right side

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
ah ok, gotcha. So you did have the surgeries.
And you completed all the physical therapy too? I mean i know, i know don;t roll your eyes but that is part of the process LOL. Very important for recovery.

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
Yea did the PT, just what they consider having good strength back and my definition I'd completely opposite They were happy with the progress.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
How long had the nerve been pinched before having surgery? Did you have any tingling sensation from it? Numbness? Etc?

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
Oh boy Wally you ask here it goes. First happened in Aug 2020. Doing deadlifts, thought I pulled a trap wasn't sure. Next day got a deep tissue massage. The next day couldn't even move and I have a high pain tolerance. Went to ER got a pain injection. My boy called me few days later told him not good. He referred me a a chiropractor popular one, I'm in Vegas works on Raiders, UFC fighters and the Golden Knight players. Telling probably a pinch nerve days he can fix it. Wanted 5k no problem,let's do this.
3 months later spine stretching, adjustments and other BS. Getting weaker, finally went to a Orthopedic surgeon, give me a steroid shot says keep up with the chiropractor.
Now we're at approximately 5 months, doing my own research, because the chiropractor wants another 5k to add more sessions. Find a Sport orthopedic surgeon, he gets my frustration, orders a MRI, says replace the disc, let's unpinch the nerve. After surgery best describes the radial nerve was pinched so long, like a garden hose, might open up a bit and you'll regain strength. But let me know the odds are low.
To answer you question from injury to surgery about 6 months

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Oh boy Wally you ask here it goes. First happened in Aug 2020. Doing deadlifts, thought I pulled a trap wasn't sure. Next day got a deep tissue massage. The next day couldn't even move and I have a high pain tolerance. Went to ER got a pain injection. My boy called me few days later told him not good. He referred me a a chiropractor popular one, I'm in Vegas works on Raiders, UFC fighters and the Golden Knight players. Telling probably a pinch nerve days he can fix it. Wanted 5k no problem,let's do this.
3 months later spine stretching, adjustments and other BS. Getting weaker, finally went to a Orthopedic surgeon, give me a steroid shot says keep up with the chiropractor.
Now we're at approximately 5 months, doing my own research, because the chiropractor wants another 5k to add more sessions. Find a Sport orthopedic surgeon, he gets my frustration, orders a MRI, says replace the disc, let's unpinch the nerve. After surgery best describes the radial nerve was pinched so long, like a garden hose, might open up a bit and you'll regain strength. But let me know the odds are low.
To answer you question from injury to surgery about 6 months
WTF.. talk about getting the run around and spending some hard earned money! Sounds like that Chiro was making up for some inflation numbers on you. Did you actually GET improvement from using such a high profile doc?

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
WTF.. talk about getting the run around and spending some hard earned money! Sounds like that Chiro was making up for some inflation numbers on you. Did you actually GET improvement from using such a high profile doc?
Honestly was a waste of money, wish I found my Orthopedic Dr sooner, nerve wouldn't have been pinched so long, possibly not permanently damaging it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic