Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Frustrated

W

willyihts

Jan 14, 2013
I have been dieting for a while and can not seem to lose any fat. My Macros are 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat on a 2000 calorie day.

I am 6 foot 1 and weigh 223lbs with around 28% fat. I do HIIT cardio for 20 mins 3 times a week along with incline treadmill for 30 mins at 6.5 degrees at 3.7 mph twice a week. I weight train 4 times a week following the big beyond belief program.

I am tried reducing carbs and increasing fat and that has not helped. My typical diet is listed below.

breakfast
1.5 scoops beverly international UMP chocolate
15 spinach leaves
ON mens multi

Snack
Tuna Salad
15 baked wheat triscuits

lunch
6 oz baked chicken
half cup brown rice

snack
1.5 scoop beverly international UMP chocolate
Danon Lite n Fit

Dinner
6 oz baked chicken
half cup brown rice
2 cups broccoli
balsamic vinaigrette

Bedtime
2 hardboiled egg whites

Supplements
AllMax creatine
Xtend BCAA's
ON Multi

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am very frustrated. Thank you for reading

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Diet seems good...DO MORE cardio...When I have issues losing fat when I want to Im a cardio fool..Cardio Cardio Cardio...even if its a 20-30 walk every night around your house.

You are doing what I would call a "maintenance" amount of cardio....BURN THEM CALS

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I'd say the cardio variable is probably the one to address as well. It gets the metabolism up and keeps it up.

How long with this routine? Months? If it is just weeks you should probably be more patient- while busting out more cardio.

I hope this helps. Weight loss is a long term project.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I'm not very experienced at losing weight but something that caught my eye was the fact that you're using creatine?
Just curious as to how this fits in with dieting and cardio. I know for myself creatine has a tendency to bloat me a little, which seems counterproductive to losing weight. I could be wrong. I guess i was just wondering if you could explain?

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I'm not very experienced at losing weight but something that caught my eye was the fact that you're using creatine?
Just curious as to how this fits in with dieting and cardio. I know for myself creatine has a tendency to bloat me a little, which seems counterproductive to losing weight. I could be wrong. I guess i was just wondering if you could explain?

Great call- creatine works in part by holding water in the muscle, if you don't drink enough you won't drain enough, plus 16 oz of water is a pound.

Great question, HA. Waiting on the brothers answer.

kingkrazy1012

kingkrazy1012

Dec 1, 2011
HA may be on to something with the Creatine.

IMO no way should it be included in a program geared to cut fat.

Shit bloats me to no end.

Also I would bump up the HIIT to 5 days a week 30 min each. It worked well for me last spring.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Creatine is essential IMO for keeping lean mass while in a caloric deficit. He would only gain x amount of water using it anyway and at some point would hit some sort of osmotic equilibrium.

His diet is in check, he does cardio and resistance training.

Next step - see the doc for a hormone panel. I'd bet all the money in my pockets (safe bet though cause I'm pooping now and not wearing pants) that your thyroid is damaged or estrogen is very elevated.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
HA may be on to something with the Creatine.

IMO no way should it be included in a program geared to cut fat.

Shit bloats me to no end.

Water bloat has NOTHING to do with fat loss. You guys are practically saying creatine make fat. Think about that for a minute...

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
You post while pooping. I appreciate your level of dedication PoopB but wish I didn't know about it, LOL.

Seems like you oughta be drinking more than 64 oz of H20 a day with creatine, whatever the case.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Creatine is essential IMO for keeping lean mass while in a caloric deficit. He would only gain x amount of water using it anyway and at some point would hit some sort of osmotic equilibrium..

This is why i was asking. Like i said i have zero experience with dieting down and have never experienced a caloric deficit (by choice) so i was curious the effect creatine would have in this case

S

shed100lbs

Apr 22, 2013
In my opinion, if you are doing the same things over and over... it may just be time to change things up. If you always drink a protein drink in the morning and night, switch it up. Skip it even for days. I like to cycle off things. Right now I'm cycled off weightlifting for 2 weeks. But I think changing your diet even helps when stuck.

So my method is to just keep changing things when I hit road blocks.

Good luck!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Have you calculated your BMR, and Maintenance Kcals? Have you weighed and logged your food? IMHO those are essential steps to learning how to control your diet so you can lose weight.

POB may be onto something with the hormones. If you are lifting weights and doing cardio, and controlling your diet so you are in a Kcal defecit, and you are struggling to lose weight, something is wrong and maybe it is hormones.

Another possibility is if you have been in a Kcal defecit for a long time and the fat loss stops, you may need to recharge your body for a time (i.e. go back to a maintenance or bulk diet), to re-set your metabolism at a higher level. Then when you go back to dieting your faster metabolism will help you lose fat easier at first.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic