What's New?

Frontloading Basics and Dosages

bgptbull81

bgptbull81

MuscleHead
Aug 26, 2010
Frontloading Basics and Dosages

by Curls4dGirls at SuperiorMuscle.com with contributions by Skyefire and Spidey

The purpose of this thread is to provide some basic information on frontloading, including an explanation of half-lives, differences across esters, and recommended frontloading dosages.

HALF-LIFE BASICS

Each compound includes an ester that, along with other factors, controls the release of the hormone into the system. The rate of release differs by ester and is defined in terms of half-life. The average half-lives of esters are:

ESTER HALF LIFE (days)
Formate 1.5
Acetate 3
Propionate 4.5
Butyrate 6
Valerate 7.5
Hexanoate 9
Caproate 9
Isocaproate 9
Heptanoate 10.5
Enanthate 10.5
Octanoate 12
Cypionate 12
Nonanoate 13.5
Decanoate 15
Undecanoate 16.5

The half-life is the length of time (in days) to release half of the hormone into the system. For example, if 500 mgs of Testosterone Cypionate is administered, in 12 days, on average, 250 mgs of testosterone has been released into the system and 250 mgs of testosterone remains attached to the ester. In another 12 days, an additional 125 mgs (half of the remaining 250 mgs) has been released into the system for a total of 375 mgs released and 125 mgs still attached to the ester. The key detail is that different esters release the hormone into the system at different rates. Therefore, different esters require different frontload dosages.

FRONTLOADING

The purpose of frontloading is to quickly reach the target dosage to more quickly realize the benefits of the AAS. This thread provides instructions to reach 75% of the weekly dosage within the first week

Most people use, as a rule of thumb, twice the weekly dosage (double dosing) in the first week. That works well for esters with a half-life of 10.5 days or less. However, this does not work well for longer esters. Let’s look at EQ as an example. If the intended weekly dosage is 600 mgs, then the frontload dosage, based on double dosing, is 1200 mgs. Although 50% of the intended dosage is reached in the first week, 75% of the intended dosage is not reached until week 4. Without any frontloading, 75% of the intended dosage is reached in week 5. So, while ‘double dosing’ works, the effects diminish with increasing half-life.

EQ Double Dose Values at 600 mgs (1200 mgs in Week 1)

No Frontload
Released… % of Target
Week 1 153… 25%
Week 2 267… 44%
Week 3 352… 59%
Week 4 415… 69%
Week 5 462… 77%
Week 6 497… 83%

Double Dosing
Released… % of Target
Week 1 306… 51%
Week 2 381… 63%
Week 3 437… 73%
Week 4 478… 80%
Week 5 509… 85%
Week 6 532… 89%

The following table includes frontloading dosage to reach 75% of the intended dosage by the end of the first week. The dosages are indexed at 100 mgs / week. To reach your intended dosage, simply multiply the frontload dosage by your weekly dosage divided by 100. For example, if you wanted to run Testosterone Cypionate at 800 mgs / wk, then multiply the frontload dosage of 225 mgs by 8 (800 / 100) for 1800 mgs in week 1.

ESTER FRONTLOAD DOSAGE(mgs)
Formate 100
Acetate 100
Propionate 115
Butyrate 130
Valerate 160
Hexanoate 180
Caproate 180
Isocaproate 180
Heptanoate 200
Enanthate 200
Octanoate 225
Cypionate 225
Nonanoate 250
Decanoate 270
Undecanoate 295

The calculation used is MgDL = MgD * (1/2)^(D/HL), where:

MgDL = Mgs of depot left
MgD = Mgs in depot (total)
D = Days
H = Half-life

Injections for Formate and Acetate are daily. Injections for Propianate are every other day. Injections for Butyrate are every 3 days. All other esters are administered as one injection at the beginning of the week 1. It should be noted that injection frequency does not significantly influence frontloading dosages.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Great Thread Pit! I think this practice is very misunderstood, even among some of the Veteran guys.

basskiller

Friends Remembered
Sep 12, 2010
the biggest problem with frontloading that I see.. the surge of hormones in your system can through your body in a state of panic.. Your immune sytem sees it as an attack.. Hence the test flu. also depending on which steroids used..serious acne, aggression can all play key roles until your body adjusts .. (just an opinion from trying it many times over)

also when frontloading the longer estered steroids, you do not use the one week rule. You fronload atleast two weeks which will bring the blood concentration levels up much quicker..

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
the biggest problem with frontloading that I see.. the surge of hormones in your system can through your body in a state of panic.. Your immune sytem sees it as an attack.. Hence the test flu. also depending on which steroids used..serious acne, aggression can all play key roles until your body adjusts .. (just an opinion from trying it many times over)

also when frontloading the longer estered steroids, you do not use the one week rule. You fronload atleast two weeks which will bring the blood concentration levels up much quicker..

Thanks for the insight Bass...much appreciated

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
well... I guess I am just old school... I like to front load with dbol and prop

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
well... I guess I am just old school... I like to front load with dbol and prop

That's actually more "new school" core. What you are talking about is actually a "kickstart", not frontloading...completely different thing

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
That's actually more "new school" core. What you are talking about is actually a "kickstart", not frontloading...completely different thing

whatever...

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I dont get that scientific, waste of fuckin time. Just old school it, front load 1000mg first week and then steady lower dosages throughout the cycle. Or pop some Ds and shoot some prop like core. Fuck new school, old school all the way. Hence old school bodybuilders looked 10x better than the freaks today.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
From the medical point of view frontloading is a mistake for the reasons Basskiller mentioned. It's much better to tapper up and down. From my experience, there's no crash this way.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013

I don't get what the problem is with front loading at all. If I was going to run 200mg of Drol from week one and 750mg of Test no one would really say anything about the cycle but if I was going to frontload my Test and not run the drol.... now all of sudden my body is in a state of shock? I also don't understand what Test flu is, I've never had it. Is it something only certain people get or is it from running shitty gear? I've often wondered about that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic