Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Front Squat question

Raptor

Raptor

Dec 10, 2010
As I've been increasing my weight( anything over 185 lbs does this for me) on a front squat my wrists tend to be a little sore after I finish up with each set. I have a high pain tolerence so I wouldn't say they hurt, but it's just some soreness and discomfort from being bent back in what would be a racked position in a clean.

Do any of you guys tape your wrists doing front squat or use an alternate grip or is this just one of the things that go along with doing this lift? any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Get some wrist wraps man, just the ones that wrap around a couple of times and are held with velcro. That will give you some support as well as a little padding.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I agree with pux888 I use wrist straps give that a shot and see what happens

Raptor

Raptor

Dec 10, 2010
Thanks for the input guys, I've been meaning to get some anyways so, I'll get some and give it a go

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Straps are one of those things you just need to have and keep near by because eventually you will need em, sooner or later.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
I use straps when I do front squats. I wrap them around the bar and then hold onto the tag ends. I started doing this after watching a youtube video of Craig Smith using them while doing front squats. You can go to his website at kiltedthrower.com to find videos of him using straps while doing front squats to see what I'm talking about. Using the straps takes all the stress off of the wrists and makes it much easier to keep the bar on the shoulders if you have flexibility issues.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic