RalfKelleh

From Bro to Pro!

• Thread starter porky little keg
  • Start Date
chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I am looking forward to the other installments. I will/have retire(d) an amatuer but agree with the points made. I remeber when I first was insterested in pling...the first thing I did was travel to the Sweatt Shop and see what they did and attended a meet there as well. I knew little if anything at that point, but I had a place and program to start. From there the Cube,5-3-1 and so on.

Anyway, I see way too many guys missing the third point and they wait to compete...sometimes a year...sometimes even longer. I am like why? They reply, to get their lifts up...WTF are the ashamed? News flash, someone is going to outlift you and you will get stronger if you compete regularly. Besides, few lifters ever hit their goals till a few meets. I remember being a handler for my buddies at the Chicago Fit Expo and watching a girl compete for the first time...poor thing missed a differant command on all three attempts (USPA).

Good shit,
Hawk

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Starting at the Sweatt Shop is a hell of a start! Every time I visit Laura and Shane I leave with a notebook of ideas to try. Those two are wonderful people.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Starting at the Sweatt Shop is a hell of a start! Every time I visit Laura and Shane I leave with a notebook of ideas to try. Those two are wonderful people.
I couldn't agree more, Dale invited me on a Friday so I got to be part of a squat day and saw Laura working close to 700, then talked to Shane for an hour. Then attended the meet and helped handle some of the crew then we all went for dinner afterwards.

My wife who has little interest in the gym said, she had never had such a good time with people she had just met. What a great crew. I would like to do another meet just to have the reason for the 8 hr drive.

Hawk

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I couldn't agree more, Dale invited me on a Friday so I got to be part of a squat day and saw Laura working close to 700, then talked to Shane for an hour. Then attended the meet and helped handle some of the crew then we all went for dinner afterwards.

My wife who has little interest in the gym said, she had never had such a good time with people she had just met. What a great crew. I would like to do another meet just to have the reason for the 8 hr drive.

Hawk

Man, for real. She throws fantastic meets.... I judged for one of her Women's Pro Ams and couldn't have been more impressed with every aspect of it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic