Latest Member
Norse12
What's New?

FRIED CHICKEN IS AWESOME

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have been doing IF for about 8 months and the only challenge I find is getting in the protein I want at each sitting. Considering I only eat 2 meals a day with a snack sometimes.

I have come upon one of my favorites making homemade chicken nuggets. I eat these 2 sometimes 3 times a week. Never has eating chicken breast been so easy. I can easily knock down 12 sometimes 16 oz of chicken like this (if my son does not steal too many ;) )

2lbs of chicken makes about 3 plates similar to the pic below.

Easy as can be.

I cut chicken breasts in 1/2 horiz and use a needle tenderizer and puncture the hell out of them.
I then cut to nugget size pieces and put in a bath

1-egg
3-5 tbs siriacha
cayanne pepper
1 tsp salt.

I let the chicken hang out in the bath while I do my other prep. I have even refrigerated for a few hours for even more taste.

I then make my breading
I take 1.5 cups flour
1tbs baking powder
2 tsp salt
black pepper (by eye)
Chili powder (by eye)
Black pepper (by eye)

I put this in plastic bag to make coating easier.

I drop 5-7 pieces in, shake bag around a little and repeat until all the nuggets are coated.

I heat canola to 375 and monitor temp as I fry with thermometer (critical). I use peanut from time to time. I go back and fourth as to how big a difference it makes.

Anyway....I drop pieces in hot oil a few at a time and cook batches for approx 3.5 min.

Out of the oil, they get

salt
Cayanne
paprica
chili powder
garlic salt
black pepper

Depending on how much I eat, It accounts for 70-90g protein at one pop. I could eat more and usually have to stop myslef and I will have a yogurt as well or some fruit. But needless to say.

Fried chicken is awesome! :D

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2011
Dude, fried anything is awesome! I love fried chicken too:)

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Nice!! I like my fried chicken at the lake, when we have the boat out.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
My other 'fried chicken' go to

Lunch today. (or part of it)

Just chicken breast cut in half along length.

egg bath .

Just italian seasons bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic salt.

I cook in coconut oil with pam to coat any dry spots. I dont fully "fry" but just enough oil to saturate breadcrumbs enough to brown.

Love this, even leftover cold!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I like the chicken nuggets, as it's easy to eat them "on the go." Those look excellent!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Fried chicken 3.0.

No messing this one up. A dozen wings (cut fresh) with a sauce I made from butter, red hot and capsaicin extract. So hot I sweat like I am crying.

Lower carb day, but enough room for a little fries and a few onion rings ;). Of course, I drank a Coke Zero with it :D

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
Fried chicken 3.0.

No messing this one up. A dozen wings (cut fresh) with a sauce I made from butter, red hot and capsaicin extract. So hot I sweat like I am crying.

Lower carb day, but enough room for a little fries and a few onion rings ;). Of course, I drank a Coke Zero with it :D

Did you use Pepper X?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I see no bacon in this thread :rolleyes:
If I had bacon, I would have crumbled it over the fries and melted some cheddar! :D But I was keeping things on the lighter side ;)

Did you use Pepper X?
Not sure what Pepper X is, but a while back I bought some pure capsaicin extract. It is not stuff to mess with for sure. Just a small amount goes A LONG way. That entire batch of wings I just used aprox 1/2 a match head amount. I like stuff hot and this had beads of sweat coming off my cheeks and forehead so bad I had to keep wiping down with paper towels!

What is great about the extract, is you can get really HOT food without the bitterness that comes along with Habanero peppers. I can take the heat of habanero all day long, but I dont enjoy the bitter taste. I like the sweet of cayenne.