Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Fresh meat

FenderFan79

FenderFan79

Apr 12, 2021
42, m, Round Rock Tx. I've gotten back into working out. I quit the first time because I didn't understand where I was going wrong. My diet. This time, however, I'm considering of "diet" in a new light. I've already done myself a favor by consciously steering clear of sugar, cholesterol, and unhealthy carbs & fats. The thought of any of them disgust me. However, I'm still fighting an uphill battle for 3 reasons: 1. I need to work on my appetite's tolerance, 2. Sometimes, I don't have enough money to buy enough food, and 3. My refrigerator isn't big enough. I'm working on getting another refrigerator.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Welcome FenderFan. On this board, 42yo is somewhere between "average" and "just getting started," depending on who you ask.

The very simple rule is to think of food as fuel, not recreation. You can learn here what foods are best, in what amounts, and at what times of day ... and learn some about bang-for-your-buck food economics as well.

The very hard part is to think of food as fuel and not recreation. You can get the right information here, but the dedication comes from within, and from hanging out with like-minded people. Good luck on your journey.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welxome to TID @FenderFan79

Give Intermittent Fasting a look, really helped with appetite suppression.

FenderFan79

FenderFan79

Apr 12, 2021
I don't want to suppress my appetite. I need to work on it's tolerance. I'm not used to eating.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Welcome FF79. What are your actual fitness/lifting goals?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
1. I need to work on my appetite's tolerance, 2. Sometimes, I don't have enough money to buy enough food, and 3. My refrigerator isn't big enough. I'm working on getting another refrigerator.

FC7Ar10.gif

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
However, I'm still fighting an uphill battle for 3 reasons: 1. I need to work on my appetite's tolerance, 2. Sometimes, I don't have enough money to buy enough food, and 3. My refrigerator isn't big enough. I'm working on getting another refrigerator.

Took me a minute, but I'm guessing by working on your appetite's tolerance, you mean you don't think you've been eating enough, and enough of the right foods?

It's like I said, there's plenty of information here, and people who will answer questions ... down in the Forums, but I train alone, and I often get an attitude boost from all the motivational videos on youtube of top or near-the-top guys training ... or of eating, and doing their own food prep at home. There's many vids like that, just depends what you ask for on youtube.

FenderFan79

FenderFan79

Apr 12, 2021
Update: I now have my own refrigerator.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
That, and indoor plumbing, are all a man needs. Now do all that other shit, like filling it and emptying it and training and, of course, filling and emptying the indoor plumbing ......

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Indoor plumbing must be nice. 5 gallon bucket for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic