Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Free Testosterone and SHBG(Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin)

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
lol, you must be havin a bad day SHINERS!! or else I'm horrible at typing, haha. I was AGREEING with you... maybe the word "regulate" you didn't like? lol. I agree that while on Test your SHBG is lowered....

OH, and the only thing in either of the posts that can raise cortisol levels dramatically is aromasin ;) But that's at an everyday dose of 25 to 50mg, which I assume no one does because the effects would be worse than winstrol, lol

OW hell, re-read . lmao! I see.
sorry about the nazi attitude. long day, carry-on then.

here is the full article, Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
lol, you must be havin a bad day SHINERS!! or else I'm horrible at typing, haha. I was AGREEING with you... maybe the word "regulate" you didn't like? lol. I agree that while on Test your SHBG is lowered....

OH, and the only thing in either of the posts that can raise cortisol levels dramatically is aromasin ;) But that's at an everyday dose of 25 to 50mg, which I assume no one does because the effects would be worse than winstrol, lol

Being a steroidal inhibitor .

Where did you read this? 20mg ed with those using hrt or those using it for with chemo?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
It's in the article that I posted a link for....

Serum cortisol concentrations increased significantly (38 ± 39%; P = 0.008) with the 25-mg dose, but not the 50-mg dose, yet the increase was well within the normal range of cortisol concentrations.

I didn't mean to say 50 dose before because it is affected only at the 25mg dose. But as you can see even though they call it "significant" it's still within the normal range of concentration. Again, DO NOT use 50mg per day if you've never used it before kids!

Being a steroidal inhibitor .

Where did you read this? 20mg ed with those using hrt or those using it for with chemo?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
And for those of you who I've heard say to Aromasin HAS to be dosed every day, take a look at the chart below. Baseline estradiol levels do not return to pre-dose levels until after about 5 days. And you can see that after 24hrs the level has just finished it's descent and it slowly on it's way back up. Another dose at the 24 hr mark would likely drive the estradiol levels too low. Now, if you could use a lower dose like 12.5 mg or even preferably 6 mg then it may work running it ED. But really, EOD is just fine, even if you want to do the +/- 36 hour thing where you dose monday night then wednesday morning then Thursday night then Saturday morning, etc. It's really not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. BTW, if you look at the "indications" for aromasin on the manufacturer website, you will see that they recommend a dose of 25mg DAILY. However, this is for WOMEN with BREAST CANCER. Presumably healthy males should not follow the same standard. Post menopausal women with breast cancer are trying to eliminate as much estrogen as possible, as it is believed that estradiol is the main culprit for the spreading and flourishing of breast cancer.

On another note, many women who are treated for breast cancer develop osteoporosis in some form. This is because of dimininshed estradiol, estrone, and estriol levels. In the study I posted earlier, it clearly says that use of aromasin is NOT a short term threat to bone density in males. However, longer term studies are necesary to determine the full effect. I personally believe that people don't concern themselves enough with keeping estrogen at the "proper" levels but instead focus on just "killing" it... which can be problematic when you lose your sex drive and your joints dry out because your estrogen level number is lower than the length of your PP ;)

F3.medium.gif

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
As for lowering SHBG.....in research, I came across references for Danazol.

I saw it on an HRT site, but have not seen anyone reference it on any bodybuilding related sites. Anyone ever heard of it?

On a side note....since starting HRT, the exogenous test, has lowered my SHBG significantly. Dont remember what my original numbers were.... but they were above scale. After a few months of HRT my SHBG was back down in mid range and my free test was 'normal' where as before it was below the bottom of the scale even with total test of 600.

Last edited:
mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
Just got back to this thread. Glad it was useful to everyone. I am curious Get Some do you prefer Aromasin over Arimidex? Also, EOD is absolutely okay to take for both as you stated. I have just recently started running Arimidex around .375mg EOD and I can definitely see and feel the difference.

mands

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I like both Aromasin and Arimidex to be honest. The problem I have with Arimidex is it seems a little harder to control my levels. The stuff definitely works well, as it's supposed to, but I find my joints getting dry on it. Aromasin just makes it a little easier to keep those levels in check. But, to each their own ;)

Just got back to this thread. Glad it was useful to everyone. I am curious Get Some do you prefer Aromasin over Arimidex? Also, EOD is absolutely okay to take for both as you stated. I have just recently started running Arimidex around .375mg EOD and I can definitely see and feel the difference.

mands

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic