Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Leg days are brutal. If you don't feel like you just walked through hell, you need to turn around and go back in and do it right.
Yeah well, if I do that I’m calling out of work. Lol. Can’t afford that so I compromised and split my leg day into two days. Btw, I have been doing my good girl/ bad girls after quads instead of after hams for past two weeks, And definitely feels better man!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Bar chins (2) warm up sets, 19/9/8 (Rest pause set. If you struggle with upper back, but always doing pull ups, make the switch to bar chins. Here is the thing I tell people about bar chins and pull ups. Bar chins are far superior to building muscle in the back. Pull ups are superior to building muscle in the upper body. If you need muscle everywhere, then go ahead and keep doing the pull ups. However, I can guarantee when you do pull ups to failure, it is not your back that fails. It is the smaller muscle groups that give out first and your back still has a lot more to give.)
Chest supported rear delt fly (3) feeder sets, 20 lbs x 20/10/9 (Rest pause set)
Single arm landmine row (4) feeder sets, 100 lbs x 20/14 (Two sets to failure. These were done with a dead stop on each rep and pulled all the way until the wrist was parallel to the armpit. I place two collars on the sleeve to get the 25's forward, so I can increase the ROM.)
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds
Behind the back shrugs (1) warm up set, 225 lbs x 22 (Had a twinge in the back, so I stopped.)
Upright row 65 lbs x 31
EZ bar curl (3) warm up sets
Dumbbell Scott Curl (2) feeder sets, 25 lbs x 10/7/6 (Rest pause set, but I got interrupted, so the pause was longer than usual.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
When u say bar chins you mean chin-ups right? Underhand narrower grip instead or overhand wider grip (pull-up), yes?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
When u say bar chins you mean chin-ups right? Underhand narrower grip instead or overhand wider grip (pull-up), yes?
Actually, no. Another name for them is DC Pull Ups. Here is a short video:

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Interesting!
Give them a try. You don't have to do them with an incline bench. You can do them off any bench or box that is elevated. The key takeaways: hips forward of the bar, but not so much it turns into a row; full extension of the arms, so that lats are fully stretched with each rep; and full consistent reps. For intensity you can do these in a rest pause set or even throw some cheater reps and use your legs to help you get a couple extra reps. When you are done try and remember if pull ups ever made your back, specifically lats, feel that wrecked before from the same number of reps.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I was traveling yesterday, so I did push day in the hotel gym. Still wrecked myself with 50 lbs dumbbells. Interesting how the body reacts to a different stimulus. My triceps keep locking up and that was 36 hours ago.

Lat pull down palms facing each other (3) warm up sets (Top was 230 lbs x 12)
Chest supported dumbbell rows (3) warm up sets (Top was 100 lbs x 12)
V-grip pull downs (2) feeder sets, 230 lbs x 9/200 lbs x 7/170 lbs x 7 (Rest pause set)
Rear delt cable fly (3) feeder sets, 25 lbs x 21/10/9 (Rest pause set)
Wide grip cable row (2) feeder sets, 230 lbs x 14/150 lbs x 12 (Back off set)
Upright rows (3) feeder sets, 100 lbs x 16/80 lbs x 12/60 lbs x 12 (Drop set)
Cable curls (4) warm up sets (Top was 160 lbs x 8. This felt heavier than normal, but the mind muscle connection was better than ever, so I am thinking the bicep isolation was on point and the shoulders and back were not helping.)
Cybex Eagle single arm preacher curl (2) feeder sets, 50 lbs x 15/7/5 (Rest pause set)
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Leg press (5) feeder sets, 22 plates x 20 (I was excited to finally hit 20, as that means I can go up in weight. I can only add a few more plates on top, safely. However, I think I am going to stay put. My right quad was on fire after that. I am limping around right now.)
SLDL (3) feeder sets, 495 lbs x 11 (Wow! Feeling strong today. I blasted through 8 like it was 1-2 reps.)
Single leg extensions (2) feeder sets, 110 lbs x 18/12/7 (Rest pause set. Not as heavy as I usually go, but I didn't want to push that quad and I paused for a two count at the top of every rep.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Dumbbell hamstring curls (2) feeder sets, 35 lbs x 13/5/3 (Rest pause set)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Barbell seated calf raises (3) feeder sets, 315 lbs x 21/14/12 (Rest pause set)
Calf stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Incline dumbbell fly (4) warm up sets
TKO incline press (3) warm up sets
Cybex Eagle chest press (2) feeder sets, 305 lbs x 12/3/1 (Rest pause set. I think I got more last time, I will have to look, but I also did a lot work before I did my working set than normal.)
Decline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Laying dumbbell front raises (4) feeder sets, 35 lbs x 12/5/3 (Rest pause set. I watched John Meadows do these. He was talking about how they work really well when you have shoulder problems. He wasn't kidding. Absolutely destroyed the front delts and no pain.)
V-grip cable extensions (5) feeder sets, 190 lbs x 18/6/4 (Rest pause set.)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Andrea Shaw side raises (2) feeder sets, 30 lbs x 12/5/4 (Alternating rest pause set.)
Cross body band shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Handcuff stretch 60 seconds

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Laying dumbbell front raises? How do u do those? On a bench? Do u lay on your stomach or back?

I remembered u saying how much u like that Cybex Eagle chest press machine before. Checked one out the other day. Felt pretty good. Im trying to remember what it’s called but where the resistance is on that machine is very different than say a hammer strength plate loaded machine. Resistance curve maybe. The arm path felt good too. The Golds membership I have lets me go to 3 different Golds gyms in my area. I mostly go to the one by my Work Office/Shop. They don’t have it there but the one closer to my house does. Kinda cool to be able switch up gyms every once in awhile and hit different equipment.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Laying dumbbell front raises? How do u do those? On a bench? Do u lay on your stomach or back?

I remembered u saying how much u like that Cybex Eagle chest press machine before. Checked one out the other day. Felt pretty good. Im trying to remember what it’s called but where the resistance is on that machine is very different than say a hammer strength plate loaded machine. Resistance curve maybe. The arm path felt good too. The Golds membership I have lets me go to 3 different Golds gyms in my area. I mostly go to the one by my Work Office/Shop. They don’t have it there but the one closer to my house does. Kinda cool to be able switch up gyms every once in awhile and hit different equipment.
That is cool to have that at disposal. I kind of have the same, since I am a member of one gym and have four I can choose from on base as well.

On the laying dumbbell front raises. Lay on your back at about a 30-45 degree incline.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
Being a half assed powerlifter I'm always amazed when I look at folks routines and see volume like this. Right on man !

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Being a half assed powerlifter I'm always amazed when I look at folks routines and see volume like this. Right on man !
Thanks brother! The only real volume is the working set. Those warm ups and feeders, especially the feeders, are really low reps. I try and save as much energy as I can for the working set. That being said, not to pat myself on the back, but I have won many powerlifting competitions and also won many weightlifting competitions where you do your bodyweight in bench, deadlift and squat for as many reps as possible. I was blessed with a level of muscle endurance most people could train a lifetime and even if they blood doped, still couldn't reach.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic