Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Great work GF, you might be the hardest working mofo I know.
Thanks brother!

A little arm pump today. I have not decided whether I am going to add some intensity work into leg day tomorrow or if I am going to just ride out the week and use this as a deload week. My body probably could use it. Jumped on the scale this morning, 196 even.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
What is your weight goal?
I don't have one. I was just kind of watching my weight after being off TRT. I was holding steady at 200 lbs, but as soon as I dropped the boron I shed another 4 lbs.

This just kind of gives me an idea of how much weight I will shed dropping gear and supplements before a show. I still have plenty of room to put on muscle and stay in the light heavy weight cutoff.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Pendulum squats (5) feeder sets, 6 pps x 10 (Warm up. These were a grind. My calories had been low the last few days and I was already shaking before I started the last set. When I got done I started to get the hypo feeling. 10 minutes later and I was in really bad shape. I grabbed my protein bar and started eating. After another 10 minutes I was fine.)
RDL (3) feeder sets, 150 lbs dumbbells x 15 (I stopped at 15, because this was before I ate the protein bar and was not feeling great.)
Single leg extensions (3) feeder sets, 150 lbs x 21 (Post protein bar and feeling great. I was shooting for 10-12 reps, but just kept going.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
TKO machine kickbacks (3) feeder sets, 7 plates x 15
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Smith machine standing calf raises (4) feeder sets, 6 pps x 18 (Okay, I think I fucked up, but I might be alright. I have to remember, my legs are strong, but my spine is not. Last time I did these on the smith machine I said the weight was not close to being heavy enough, so I added some weight. Even 6 pps is not much for my calves, but on the 18th rep there was a loud pop in the middle of my back above my lifting belt. I immediately racked it and stood there for a second, not moving. I didn't feel any pain in the back, so I slowly put the plates away and didn't feel any pain. Once I got in my truck I could feel my back and ribs getting sore. I went and laid in the tanning bed and was able to get in and out without any acute pain. I just had a soreness in the back and ribs that I cannot explain. I have a massaging chair and when it gets to that part of my back it is pretty intense, but no shooting pains or anything. I guess I will just monitor it and see.)
Calf stretch 30 seconds

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Your consistency and tenacity always humble me... you're the real deal brother

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Labs came back, RBC and HCT were only slightly elevated. Much better than where I am usually. However, creatinine was 1.61, which is unusually high for me. I may have to scale back the intensity a bit.

Incline TKO press (5) feeder sets, 3 pps x 12 + some partials/2 pps x 10 + some partials (back off set)
Dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Lat row (4) warm up sets (I planned on making this a working exercise, but my back is still a bit jacked up.)
Wide grip lat pull downs (1) warm up sets, 200 lbs x 10/140 lbs x 12 (back off set)
Shaw raises (4) warm up sets
Arnold press (2) feeder sets, 80 lbs x 11
Chest supported incline dumbbell rows (3) feeder sets, 100 lbs x 8 (4 count hold at the top with a 4 count negative.)
Band crossbody shoulder stretch 45 seconds
Hand cuff stretch 60 seconds
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds
Hanging lat stretch 30 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Dumbbell skull crushers (4) warm up sets
Concentration curls (4) warm up sets
Overhead dumbbell tricep extension (3) feeder sets, 150 lbs x 14/100 lbs x 12 (Back off set)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Cable curl (3) feeder sets, 160 lbs x 10/100 lbs x 14 (Back off set)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
Seated dumbbell shrugs (4) feeder sets, 150 lbs x 10

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Leg press (6) warm up sets (Top was 22 plates x 14, much slower tempo than I am used to.)
Seated leg curls (3) feeder sets, 170 lbs x 10/110 lbs x 9 (Back off set. Slow, 10 reps took 51 seconds.)
Single leg extensions (3) feeder sets, 155 lbs x 17/9/7 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Kick backs (2) feeder sets, 7 plates x 15
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Single leg seated calf extensions (4) feeder sets, 250 lbs x 13
Calf stretch 30 seconds

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Labs came back, RBC and HCT were only slightly elevated. Much better than where I am usually. However, creatinine was 1.61, which is unusually high for me. I may have to scale back the intensity a bit.

Incline TKO press (5) feeder sets, 3 pps x 12 + some partials/2 pps x 10 + some partials (back off set)
Dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Lat row (4) warm up sets (I planned on making this a working exercise, but my back is still a bit jacked up.)
Wide grip lat pull downs (1) warm up sets, 200 lbs x 10/140 lbs x 12 (back off set)
Shaw raises (4) warm up sets
Arnold press (2) feeder sets, 80 lbs x 11
Chest supported incline dumbbell rows (3) feeder sets, 100 lbs x 8 (4 count hold at the top with a 4 count negative.)
Band crossbody shoulder stretch 45 seconds
Hand cuff stretch 60 seconds
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds
Hanging lat stretch 30 seconds
Dam. That’s where mine was earlier this year! Did u get a cystatinC test? Have you been taking astragalus? Or were u wanting to see what it was without any supps? You were well hydrated? Maybe less than usual? I know u usually don’t lift for a few days before bloodwork. How many days did u wait this time? Less than usual maybe. It freeked me out at first but then I got it down to 1.08 on next one.

So the back feels fine?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Dam. That’s where mine was earlier this year! Did u get a cystatinC test? Have you been taking astragalus? Or were u wanting to see what it was without any supps? You were well hydrated? Maybe less than usual? I know u usually don’t lift for a few days before bloodwork. How many days did u wait this time? Less than usual maybe. It freeked me out at first but then I got it down to 1.08 on next one.

So the back feels fine?
No, the doctor did not do the cystatin test even when I am always above normal, because he is a dumbass VA doctor. I have been taking astragalus and NAC and drink 2-3 gallons of water a day and made sure I drank 3/4 of a gallon of water before I went that morning to do labs. I still lifted, but it was just pump work. Of course, my idea of pump work is relative. I don't have training partners, because they quit. My buddy who made the Olympic track, bobsled and judo team (yes, he qualified for each one, he is that badass) quit working out with me after a couple weeks. He said my level of intensity is not sustainable. I had a college wrestler make it one week.

I am about to change up the training anyways. It is time for something new, as even before the bloodwork, I felt like I was not recovering from all the intensity work.

Also, might need to change brands of astragalus. What brand are you taking?

The back is good brother, thanks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic