Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Rough day yesterday in the gym. I went in and did cardio then sat in the sauna. I forgot my ear pods and was watching Think Big Bodybuilding. There was someone else in the sauna, so I said if my podcast was bothering them, I would turn it off. They said, it was not, in fact they were going to turn off their music and listen with me. We ended up talking for 40-45 minutes IN THE SAUNA AT 195 DEGREES. I was a little wobbly when I got out. I pounded 20 ounces of water with creatine/eaa then filled up another 20 ounces with electrolytes and started sipping away. Figured the safest exercises were cables, so parked my happy ass on one tower and worked arms.

Various single arm cable extensions (6) warm up sets
Single arm side drag curls (4) warm up sets
Tricep press downs (3) feeder sets, 190 lbs x 14/6/3 (15 breaths between working sets.)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Cable curl (3) feeder sets, 160 lbs x 10/130 lbs x 7/100 lbs x 6 (Drop set)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
Smith machine behind the back shrugs (4) feeder sets, 3 pps x 14/2 pps x 22/1 pps x 25 (Drop set. Usually, 3 pps is a warm up, but I was drained and when I picked it up in my last feeder set I knew 4 pps was out of the question.)

I weighed myself when I woke up then weighed myself when I got home from the gym. With the 20 ounces of water I drank before going to the gym and the 40 ounces I drank while I was there, I dropped 6.85 lbs of water.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
My favorite day of the week, leg day.

Hack squats (5) feeder sets, 6 pps x 10 (What a fucking grind! I thought I was done at 8, but I took a couple deep breaths and got 9 at the pace of a hobbled turtle then took a couple deep breaths and got 10 that took a lifetime to get up.)
SLDL (3) feeder sets, 315 lbs x 6/6/6/6/8 (Muscle round. Never done a muscle round on anything, but a machine before. This actually worked out really well.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Leg extensions (2) feeder sets, 200 lbs x 6/6/6/6/7 (Muscle round. Focused on some pointers from Mike Van Wyck and made these a lot harder. After only a few sessions of following his guidance, I am starting to see some separation.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Smith machine standing calf extensions (3) feeder sets, 4 pps x 6/6/6/6/20 (Muscle round. Note to self, way too light. I will go up to 5 pps next time.)
Calf stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Cable crossover (4) warm up sets
Lat pull down neutral grip (5) feeder sets, 200 lbs x 6/6/6/6/5 (Muscle round)
TKO chest press (3) feeder sets, 3 pps x 5/5/5/4/ and 2 pps x 10 some of these were partials (Muscle round. The TKO machine is humbling. On the Hammer Strength I can do this with 4 pps easily and 5 pps on a good day.)
Decline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Cybex side delt raises (5) feeder sets, 155 lbs x 6/6/6/6/10 some of these were partials (Muscle round.)
Cable rows (3) feeder sets, 230 lbs x 6/6/6/6/9 (Muscle round)
Hanging pull up stretch 45 seconds
Hanging lat stretch 45 seconds
Handcuff stretch 60 seconds
Crossbody band shoulder stretch 45 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Cable pushdowns (4) warm up sets (I love the fact that I used to be leaning over the bar with the cable on the side of my head, cheating like a MF'er to do the full stack. Followed Mike Van Wyck, lightened it up and kept it out in front of me. Now my tricep strength has far exceeded where I was before with good form. I have to add a 30 lbs dumbbell on top of the stack to make it worthwhile.)
Cable curls (4) warm up sets (Almost the same as above, except I don't add the dumbbell. People are saying my arms look huge when before no one ever said anything about my arms. It was always legs, back, chest and shoulders.)
Smith machine close grip bench (3) feeder sets, 315 lbs x 11/275 lbs x 8/225 lbs x 12 (Drop set. These were done with my hands close enough that my thumbs were touching each other.)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Hammer curls (3) feeder sets, 70 lbs x 14/8/45 lbs x 20 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. I dropped to 45 lbs due to elbows.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
Cable shrugs (4) feeder sets, 190 lbs x 50

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Yo, is this article a good representation of DC training?

Read some of it, please, and tell me if it's the DC training system.

I grew up with weighifting and powerlifting programs, so all these bodybuilding training systems are new to me.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Just some pump work for legs. I have blood work on Tuesday and if I go in and do intensity work for legs this close to getting labs done, my liver values and efgr will be out of whack.

Hell yeah they will be. Smart move brother. I hope the labs come back good to go. Keep us posted my man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yo, is this article a good representation of DC training?

Read some of it, please, and tell me if it's the DC training system.

I grew up with weighifting and powerlifting programs, so all these bodybuilding training systems are new to me.
That is the one.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Great work GF, you might be the hardest working mofo I know.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic