Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Squats (5) feeders sets, 365 lbs x 20 (Just really to get the legs warmed up.)
Sissy squats (2) feeder sets, 18/9/7 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Hamstring dumbbell curls (2) feeder sets, 40 lbs x 13/8/6 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Single leg standing calf extensions (3) feeder sets, BW + 60 lbs x 17
Calf stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Landmine press (4) warm up sets
Hammer strength horizontal chest press (3) feeder sets, 4 pps x 12/3/1 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Decline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Lat pullover machine (4) feeder sets, 250 lbs x 12/200 lbs x 8/150 lbs x 7 (Drop set)
Face pulls (4) warm up sets
Arnold press (3) feeder sets, 75 lbs x 13/5/4 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Cable low row v-grip (4) feeder sets, 260 lbs x 8/220 lbs x 7/180 lbs x 7 (Drop set. It has been decades since I have done the cable low row.)
Hanging lat stretch 60 seconds
Hands behind the back shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Band cross body shoulder stretch 45 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Side laying dumbbell extensions (4) warm up sets (Never tried these before, but they work really well at warming up the entire tricep.)
Band bicep curl (4) warm up sets
Reverse grip bench press (3) feeder sets, 315 lbs x 10/275 lbs x 6/225 lbs x 12 (15 breath rest pause between the drops. It has been a while since I have done this exercise and kind of knew 315 lbs might be too much.)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Rope hammer curls (2) feeder sets, 90 lbs x 18/9/7 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hack squat (5) feeder sets, 7 pps x 15 (This is a different machine than the one I usually use. I avoid it, because it destroys the knees, but after putting on the knee sleeves it was no problem. Better yet, this one you can fit up to 10 pps.)
Hip thrust (3) feeder sets, 585 lbs x 15 (The bar slipped through the squat pad sleeve and was resting on my pelvis. This happened on the lift off and 15 reps was all I could handle.)
Leg extensions (1) feeder set, 250 lbs x 18/8/4 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. The reps are down a little, but the negative was slower.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Abductor (2) feeder sets, 5 plates x 13/4 plates x 10/3 plates x 15 (Drop set. My glutes were already smoked from hip thrust.)
Adductor (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 12/5 plates x 8/4 plates x 14 (Drop set.)
Standing hamstring curl 50 lbs x 25/12/7 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. There were no feeders or warm up sets. I didn't even plan on doing these, but I was still a little pissed about the hip thrust and figured my hamstrings needed the work.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Seated calf raises (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 20
Calf stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Scale said 198.8 lbs today. Lightest I have been in years.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have been training, but been on deload for the last two weeks. I had a family event/vacation that had me on the road for a week and my strength/recovery has been decreasing, so I felt it was time to take a break. Next week I start my annual health phase for the year where I come off TRT, run HCG for three weeks and blood work done at five weeks for the VA. This keeps my VA doctor from freaking out about my RBC/HCT, which are always borderline high even with a clean diet, cardio 7-14 times a week and regularly giving blood.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hack squat (5) feeder sets, 7 pps x 15 (This is a different machine than the one I usually use. I avoid it, because it destroys the knees, but after putting on the knee sleeves it was no problem. Better yet, this one you can fit up to 10 pps.)
Hip thrust (3) feeder sets, 585 lbs x 15 (The bar slipped through the squat pad sleeve and was resting on my pelvis. This happened on the lift off and 15 reps was all I could handle.)
Leg extensions (1) feeder set, 250 lbs x 18/8/4 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. The reps are down a little, but the negative was slower.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Abductor (2) feeder sets, 5 plates x 13/4 plates x 10/3 plates x 15 (Drop set. My glutes were already smoked from hip thrust.)
Adductor (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 12/5 plates x 8/4 plates x 14 (Drop set.)
Standing hamstring curl 50 lbs x 25/12/7 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. There were no feeders or warm up sets. I didn't even plan on doing these, but I was still a little pissed about the hip thrust and figured my hamstrings needed the work.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Seated calf raises (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 20
Calf stretch 60 seconds
Now that I'm back in equillibrium, I am back to doing legs more frequently and separately (quad/ham). Been getting my numbers back up there and squattin' deep. Hitting hack with feet placeement towards bottom of horizontal platform and hack squatting not too deep, just "literally" parallel (cos of the stress on knees). Been watching a lot of early Tom Platz videos as well as today's "squat parties" and he says it's to work the outer sweep. Super those with sissiez.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Now that I'm back in equillibrium, I am back to doing legs more frequently and separately (quad/ham). Been getting my numbers back up there and squattin' deep. Hitting hack with feet placeement towards bottom of horizontal platform and hack squatting not too deep, just "literally" parallel (cos of the stress on knees). Been watching a lot of early Tom Platz videos as well as today's "squat parties" and he says it's to work the outer sweep. Super those with sissiez.
I try not to get my feet too low on the platform for hack squats. I pretty much am right in the middle. For me, I found when my feet are at the bottom, I get no additional quad activation. In fact, it feels like I have less quad activation in the middle and upper quads.

Hitting your outer sweep can have a lot to do with how you drive through your feet and the angle of your feet. I like to slightly point my toes out, not too much, but just a little on the leg press and hack squat to target the outer quads. Too much and you transfer the resistance to your inner quads and hips. A balanced drive on the leg press will help me hit the outer quad. If I get too much of my forefoot into the drive it really moves the effort to top of my quads.

I joined a gym out in town and they have a pendulum squat that is amazing. I can go super deep, like ass almost hitting my heels deep, in a narrow stance. My hamstrings got destroyed yesterday and I only did a top set, no intensity work.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
What's up my beast like friend. Look forward to reading your progress. Went out on the yak Thurs. 20 mph winds. I did NOT train after and only caught one.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
What's up my beast like friend. Look forward to reading your progress. Went out on the yak Thurs. 20 mph winds. I did NOT train after and only caught one.
I haven't been fishing since I posted the last time on WCBB. Missed the opportunity at the buck of a lifetime yesterday evening by 1/4 of a second. Short version - monster buck I caught on camera a few times came in to 12 yards, really skiddish, came to full draw, leaned into the shot, settled the pin on vitals, foot slipped slightly, he heard it and bolted, I was already releasing the arrow and I watched as it punched right into the ground where he used to be. He stopped about 10 yards to the left of the arrow, looked back at it and walked away. I did not have a clear shot at him when he walked away. He never actually seen me. A mature buck like that has probably had enough close encounters he just knows when something is up. I had everything in my favor and he was still spooky as hell coming in. From the time I seen him to the time he walked out of my life might have been 15 seconds, tops, but he will haunt my dreams for a long time.

Afterwards I had one of those moments where you question everything. Felt like giving up hunting all together. That will never happen, but it definitely reminded me why I like fishing better. Haha.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Damn bro!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you will get another shot at him this season. Would love to see a pic if you do so I can live vicariously through your hunting. and training for that matter.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Back to intensity training.

Pec dec (4) warm up sets (I really like this machine. It is an old Nautilus, but it is smooth as silk.)
Lat rows (5) feeder sets, 120 lbs x 15/90 lbs x 8/60 lbs x 10 (Drop set)
Lateral raises (4) warm up sets (Another great Nautilus machine. Far improved over the Hammer Strength machine I am used to.)
Incline dumbbell press (3) feeder sets, 120 lbs x 18/100 lbs x 20 (Back off set)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
TKO row (4) feeder sets, 6 pps x 9/4 pps x 20 (The 6 plates per side was a little too heavy, but I was just ecstatic that I was no longer limited to 5 plates with the Hammer Strength machine.)
Hanging lat stretch 60 seconds
Arnold press (3) feeder sets, 80 lbs x 15/5/4 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)

Just realized I did not stretch my shoulders after finishing my workout...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic