Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I love those pinch presses. I’ve done them with dumbbells too. It widens out a bit and brings more triceps into it but still works chest. You can’t beat the plate pinch presses. I love the way they feel and pump my chest. Another solid day in the books for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I love those pinch presses. I’ve done them with dumbbells too. It widens out a bit and brings more triceps into it but still works chest. You can’t beat the plate pinch presses. I love the way they feel and pump my chest. Another solid day in the books for you.

Yep. When I am at home, I will use 25 lbs dumbbells instead of the plates. CAP plates are pretty damn slippery and the middle 10 lbs plate can slide when you are getting tired. The gym has grip plates, so no issues with the middle plate sliding.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Had a refeed on Saturday, ate 7,000 calories. Holding a lot of water, but muscles were full and strong today and it showed in the gym.

Cable crossovers (4) warm up sets
Incline smith machine press (3) feeder sets, 315 lbs x 12/4/3 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Plate pinch press, (3) 10 lbs plates x 20/20 (I need inner pec development.)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds (I went with 80 lbs dumbbells, which was straight torture.)
Lat pull downs with neutral grip (4) feeder sets, 260 lbs x 14/220 lbs x 7/180 lbs x 7 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. This really surprised me. I don't think I have pulled 260 lbs for that many reps before, even when I was 255+ lbs.)
Hammer strength iso lateral shoulder press (3) feeder sets, 4 pps x 7/3 pps x 8/2 pps x8/1 pps x 12 (Drop set. I should have gotten more at 4 pps, but I did a little too much on my feeder sets.)
Bent over dumbbell rows (3) feeder sets, 150 lbs x 20 (Strict)/150 lbs x 12 (Cheater) (The strict were done with both feet parallel, so there was no core twist. The cheaters were done with the row side foot slightly back to get some core twist momentum. I wish we had bigger dumbbells.)
Hanging pull up stretch 60 seconds
Dusty Hanshaw superset side lateral raises 25 lbs/50 lbs x 22/20
Handcuff stretch 60 seconds
Crossbody band shoulder stretch 30 seconds
Here ya go little guy.. lol
20220722_100412.jpg

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015

Yep. When I am at home, I will use 25 lbs dumbbells instead of the plates. CAP plates are pretty damn slippery and the middle 10 lbs plate can slide when you are getting tired. The gym has grip plates, so no issues with the middle plate sliding.
Here ya go little guy.. lol
View attachment 12830
Nice! Like I was telling Iron Soul before, 150's are only heavy when they are the heaviest dumbbells in the gym. If you have heavier ones, people would be throwing around the 150's like they are nothing. It is like when they said no one could run a mile in under 4 minutes and as soon as one guy did, within 6 months there were 100 guys in the world who could do it.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010

Nice! Like I was telling Iron Soul before, 150's are only heavy when they are the heaviest dumbbells in the gym. If you have heavier ones, people would be throwing around the 150's like they are nothing. It is like when they said no one could run a mile in under 4 minutes and as soon as one guy did, within 6 months there were 100 guys in the world who could do it.
I get it. Never did it, but I understand the idea.. not true, I outgrew Planet Fitness. Lol.

And I'm sure you know the little guy comment was a joke.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I get it. Never did it, but I understand the idea.. not true, I outgrew Planet Fitness. Lol.

And I'm sure you know the little guy comment was a joke.
Yes brother, I knew you were joking.

I cannot even walk into Planet Fitness. They take one look at me and tell me I am not wanted in there. Haha.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Yes brother, I knew you were joking.

I cannot even walk into Planet Fitness. They take one look at me and tell me I am not wanted in there. Haha.

But it’s a “judgement free” zone lol. Fucking hypocrites

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Since I went to a more traditional DC style of training my arms have lost 3/4 of an inch. I was training them twice a week every week prior to April. Lately I have trained them 3 times every 2 weeks and it was the same day as leg day. I think the less frequency and/or the fact they are paired with legs has impacted their growth. I am going to train arms on their own day after I train chest/back/shoulders. This way they don't impact the larger muscle groups, but still get their own day for stimulation and growth.

Laying cable extensions (4) warm up sets
Bench dips (3) feeder sets, (2) blue bands 60-120 lbs + (1) purple band 30-60 lbs + 120 lbs x 18/(2) blue bands 60-120 lbs + (1) purple band 30-60 lbs + 50 lbs x 8/(2) blue bands 60-120 lbs + (1) purple band 30-60 lbs x 8 (Drop set.)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Band single arm bicep curl (4) warm up sets
Hammer curls (3) feeder sets, 60 lbs x 17/8/6 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. My elbow held out for the set, but I could feel it afterwards. I may try these with bands in the future.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
Grippers lots of sets
Finger extensions lots of sets

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Back width 7-26-22.jpg

This is the hardest pose for me to hit. I was watching Think Big Bodybuilding where they critiqued someone else doing a back width pose and mentioned something about lifting your shoulders when you hit this pose. F**king makes a world of difference not only in width, but it shrinks the waist A LOT.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Damn bro, back looks wide and thick as shit.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Damn bro, back looks wide and thick as shit.

Thanks brother! Posing sucks. Well, it really doesn't suck, but it is hard as sh*t. I can build muscle easily, but displaying it is another story. I need to hire a posing coach, preferably one that is local. I am going to a show next month to check it out and will see if I can find a posing coach. So far, my local search has only found posing coaches for women's classes and men's physique (not even really posing).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic