Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Love those hammer strength machines. They are my favorite. Damn son, 150lb dumbbells on the top set? My gym only goes up to 120. That’s heavy shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Love those hammer strength machines. They are my favorite. Damn son, 150lb dumbbells on the top set? My gym only goes up to 120. That’s heavy shit.

Thanks brother. I found that to be pretty normal in commercial gyms, 120 lbs limits. When I travel to see friends and there is not a base nearby or I don't want to workout on base I will hit a local gym for a day pass. Of course, they try and get me to join. I always make a joke that I won't join a gym that only has dumbbells that go to 120 lbs. I get the same excuse every time, they cater to the masses and very few people can lift them. I tell them that is BS. 120 lbs dumbbells only seem heavy when they are the heaviest dumbbell in the gym. They are limiting their customers. If they had 150's, guys would be throwing around 120's before you know it. It is like the story of the 4:00 mile.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks brother. I found that to be pretty normal in commercial gyms, 120 lbs limits. When I travel to see friends and there is not a base nearby or I don't want to workout on base I will hit a local gym for a day pass. Of course, they try and get me to join. I always make a joke that I won't join a gym that only has dumbbells that go to 120 lbs. I get the same excuse every time, they cater to the masses and very few people can lift them. I tell them that is BS. 120 lbs dumbbells only seem heavy when they are the heaviest dumbbell in the gym. They are limiting their customers. If they had 150's, guys would be throwing around 120's before you know it. It is like the story of the 4:00 mile.

Haha I love it dude. That’s so true. I feel you on not wanting to workout on base. Always fucking packed. Like a can of sardines in there, no matter the time. I loved the gym at camp atterbury during pre mob though. We were the only BN there for a while so it was pretty empty and equipment was awesome.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Leg press (6) warm up sets (Top set was 15 pps x 17. I wanted to get 20, but my quad actually felt like it was going to rip off the bone.)
Laying leg curl muscle round (2) feeder sets, 120 lbs x 6/6/6/6/3
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Leg extensions muscle round (2) feeder sets, 250 lbs x 6/6/6/6/7
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Smith machine close grip bench press (5) warm up sets (Top set was 275 lbs x18.)
Rope extension muscle round (2) feeder sets, 85 lbs x 6/6/6/6/6
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Adductor (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 15 + 5
Abductor (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 5/5 plates x 8/4 plates x 10 (Drop set)
Seated dumbbell curls (4) warm up sets (Top set was 40 lbs x 20)
Seated calf extensions (2) feeder sets, 6 plates x 20 (30 second stretch after each set.)
Cable curl muscle round (2) feeder sets, 80 lbs x 6/6/6/6/4
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I was posing in the locker room today and one of my old Marines snapped a photo while I was doing a back double bicep. I was pretty pleased considering this was legs and arms day and my back didn't receive any pump at all.
IMG_6413 (2).jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Good look for an "old" Marine. I haven't met any new Marines since I was one, but in my experience, you just can't beat an old Marine. I lurk, but stfu-myself in your Log, but it IS one of the best things that's ever been here.

Thank you.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Good look for an "old" Marine. I haven't met any new Marines since I was one, but in my experience, you just can't beat an old Marine. I lurk, but stfu-myself in your Log, but it IS one of the best things that's ever been here.

Thank you.
Thanks brother. I have kept the log on WCBB since 2004. It has been through so many training transformations, going from powerlifting to DC training, crossfit/combat conditioning, endurance training, bro split and back to DC.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Thanks brother. I have kept the log on WCBB since 2004. It has been through so many training transformations, going from powerlifting to DC training, crossfit/combat conditioning, endurance training, bro split and back to DC.
Brother, that just means that every aspect of fitness can relate to whatever it is your into these days! Not to mention learning from where you're at and where "their" potential can end up. Way to kill it.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I felt really weak today. I only had 60 grams of carbs today and my blood sugar was low at the start of my workout. I powered through, but it sucked. Weighed 201 lbs this morning.

Flat dumbbell press (5) warm up sets (top set was 150 lbs x 12)
Hammer strength chest press (2) feeder sets, 3 pps x 5/5/5/4/2 (muscle round)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Lat rows (4) feeder sets, 85 lbs x 8/8/8/8/5 (muscle round)
Behind the neck press (5) warm up sets (top set was 225 lbs x 12)
Face pulls (2) feeder sets, 60 lbs x 8/8/8/8/26 (Muscle round. This was way too light, but 70 lbs felt really heavy, so I dropped to 60 lbs. My mistake.)
Rack deads (4) feeder sets, 545 lbs x 16 (I set the pins as low as they could go, which is 12 inches and the plates are 9 inches to center, so they were only 3 inches above the floor to start.)
Cross body band shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Hanging lat stretch 60 seconds
Hands behind the back shoulder stretch 60 seconds

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I felt really weak today. I only had 60 grams of carbs today and my blood sugar was low at the start of my workout. I powered through, but it sucked. Weighed 201 lbs this morning.

Flat dumbbell press (5) warm up sets (top set was 150 lbs x 12)
Hammer strength chest press (2) feeder sets, 3 pps x 5/5/5/4/2 (muscle round)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Lat rows (4) feeder sets, 85 lbs x 8/8/8/8/5 (muscle round)
Behind the neck press (5) warm up sets (top set was 225 lbs x 12)
Face pulls (2) feeder sets, 60 lbs x 8/8/8/8/26 (Muscle round. This was way too light, but 70 lbs felt really heavy, so I dropped to 60 lbs. My mistake.)
Rack deads (4) feeder sets, 545 lbs x 16 (I set the pins as low as they could go, which is 12 inches and the plates are 9 inches to center, so they were only 3 inches above the floor to start.)
Cross body band shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Hanging lat stretch 60 seconds
Hands behind the back shoulder stretch 60 seconds

That’s a damn good workout to have felt weak. You’re a strong ass dude. Love seeing the work you put in.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic