Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
60 minutes on the treadmill followed by some ab work. I went to go get my bodyfat tested yesterday and of course when I showed up the hydrostatic tank was having issues, so they just did the calipers. Came out at 5.63%, which is not correct. Probably still in the 8% range. I do not hold fat in any of the locations you actually pull skin with the calipers, so those things will never be very accurate on me.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
60 minutes on the treadmill followed by some ab work. I went to go get my bodyfat tested yesterday and of course when I showed up the hydrostatic tank was having issues, so they just did the calipers. Came out at 5.63%, which is not correct. Probably still in the 8% range. I do not hold fat in any of the locations you actually pull skin with the calipers, so those things will never be very accurate on me.
Are you trying to get lower on bf. 8% is pretty low?. Do you have plans to compete?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Are you trying to get lower on bf. 8% is pretty low?. Do you have plans to compete?
Not right now. I was trying to bulk, but gave up. I refuse to do a dirty bulk and I cannot eat more than 5000 clean calories a day without severe heart burn.

I am going to a regional show this weekend to scout out the competition. If I think I can hang I will enter it next year at either LHW or HW. I cannot make the cutoff for classic. Even if I was at 4% BF and dry as hell I would still miss it by probably 5 lbs. Even making LHW would mean I would need to drop another 13 lbs.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I was not feeling it at all today. It took 10 minutes on the treadmill before my body woke up. My HR was really low for the first 10 minutes (49-51) and I was walking like a zombie. Felt better the next 20 minutes when it went up into the 70's.

Incline dumbbell fly 40 lbs x 10, 65 lbs x 10/10 and 80 lbs x 10 (warm up)
Incline dumbbell press 2x10, 140 lbs x 13/4/2/2 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. I was strong, but the mind muscle connection was not there.)
Hammer strength decline press 1x10, 462 lbs x 7/372 lbs x 7/282 lbs x 15/192 lbs x 20 (drop set)
Dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
Dumbbell pullover 80 lbs x 10/10/10/10 (Warm up. Arms straight, no bent elbows or it doesn't count.)
Hammer strength iso lateral high row 2x10, 227 lbs x 10/182 lbs x 8/6 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. I was not feeling it, so I dropped the weight on the working set. I had full range of motion and felt a good stretch at the top, but still nothing.)
Single arm pull down 3x10, 100 lbs x 10 (Just a straight set. I almost walked out after my second warm up set, because today sucked, but I stuck with it. Glad I did too, because I actually felt this.)
Hanging lat stretch neutral grip 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Felt a lot better today. I think yesterday was just a day where my emotional drain caught up to me and was a toxin release. My best friend killed himself a week ago and I was wrecked for a few days. Two days ago, I told myself I can no longer grieve for him. He quit, warriors never quit, end of story.

30 minutes on the treadmill.

I just did shoulders today, because I am going back to two days on one day off and it felt like a good time to make the transition. I am going to a show tomorrow and will be gone all day. I prefer to just make it a rest day and hit legs and arms Sunday.

Band side laterals 50 lbs x 10/10/10/10 (warm up)
Dumbbell military press 2x15, 60 lbs + 60-120 lbs band x 15/11 (partials)/ 60 lbs + 30-60 lbs band x 12/ 60 lbs x 12 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. This did not go as expected. The band was a little too heavy for the second rest pause set and I could only do partials. I wonder if the band got caught on something, because the resistance at about 3 inches into the lift did not feel the same as the first rest pause set. My son was spotting and not the most observant. He will let me get obliterated before helping. Backed it down to a weaker band and felt great. Still a great set.)
Face pulls 1x15, 75 lbs x 20/20 (Iso hold at the end of each set.)
Crossbody band shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Handcuff stretch 60 seconds

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Felt a lot better today. I think yesterday was just a day where my emotional drain caught up to me and was a toxin release. My best friend killed himself a week ago and I was wrecked for a few days. Two days ago, I told myself I can no longer grieve for him. He quit, warriors never quit, end of story.

30 minutes on the treadmill.

I just did shoulders today, because I am going back to two days on one day off and it felt like a good time to make the transition. I am going to a show tomorrow and will be gone all day. I prefer to just make it a rest day and hit legs and arms Sunday.

Band side laterals 50 lbs x 10/10/10/10 (warm up)
Dumbbell military press 2x15, 60 lbs + 60-120 lbs band x 15/11 (partials)/ 60 lbs + 30-60 lbs band x 12/ 60 lbs x 12 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. This did not go as expected. The band was a little too heavy for the second rest pause set and I could only do partials. I wonder if the band got caught on something, because the resistance at about 3 inches into the lift did not feel the same as the first rest pause set. My son was spotting and not the most observant. He will let me get obliterated before helping. Backed it down to a weaker band and felt great. Still a great set.)
Face pulls 1x15, 75 lbs x 20/20 (Iso hold at the end of each set.)
Crossbody band shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Handcuff stretch 60 seconds
I like the pauses when doing facebuster and trap shrugs or dumbbell. A guy at the gym noticed my technique and then showed me the pause technique. My traps aren't big yet but much more solid over the last month.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I like the pauses when doing facebuster and trap shrugs or dumbbell. A guy at the gym noticed my technique and then showed me the pause technique. My traps aren't big yet but much more solid over the last month.
You know how I got my traps to grow? I stopped training them directly. Every once in a while you will see me do shrugs, but it is rare.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
You know how I got my traps to grow? I stopped training them directly. Every once in a while you will see me do shrugs, but it is rare.
I've heard a lot of guys say that. Same with abs. Makes sense though. I'm sure back and bicep workout hits them as well. I only do like 6-8 sets when I do work them

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
I got to noticing how much cardio you do. Did you cut that way down when you were trying to bulk. Also after watching a video on it, have you ever tried MENT. The video was about bodybuilders who couldn't use it because it packed on too much size and would throw them out of their respected weight class. Just a thought.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I got to noticing how much cardio you do. Did you cut that way down when you were trying to bulk. Also after watching a video on it, have you ever tried MENT. The video was about bodybuilders who couldn't use it because it packed on too much size and would throw them out of their respected weight class. Just a thought.
Not really, but it is not really cardio either. Walking on the treadmill where my heart rate never even reaches 80 is not cardio. It is just moving. I am retired, so most of the day I am just sitting around doing nothing but chores here and there. It is really the only activity I get.

Never tried ment and never will. It is one of those drugs where the risk is not worth the reward, like superdrol. So many other safer and more effective compounds out there.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Not really, but it is not really cardio either. Walking on the treadmill where my heart rate never even reaches 80 is not cardio. It is just moving. I am retired, so most of the day I am just sitting around doing nothing but chores here and there. It is really the only activity I get.

Never tried ment and never will. It is one of those drugs where the risk is not worth the reward, like superdrol. So many other safer and more effective compounds out there.
Ok. Gotcha. I thought you were tearing the treadmill up. Lol. Don't blame you about the ment either. I considered it once but backed out the more I researched it.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ok. Gotcha. I thought you were tearing the treadmill up. Lol. Don't blame you about the ment either. I considered it once but backed out the more I researched it.
I am still going to reduce my "cardio" to once a day. I have been doing it twice a day, but I only post my morning session. The afternoon is a walk with the wife. I will keep the walk with the wife and drop the morning. I will only do mornings when I know the wife will not be walking that day.

I went to a local show today to conduct a recon of what the competitors looked like. If I plan on doing a show, it will be this show next year. There were 2-3 guys that looked amazing. However, I could have taken my clothes off and competed with or beat just about everyone else today. I did plan on doing a trial prep to see what kind of condition I could get into with a 12 week prep, but decided against it. I am going full bulk until 1 August starting tomorrow.

30 minutes on the treadmill, running 30 seconds and walking 90, followed by some ab work.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic