Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Found my way back...

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I know. That's why I dropped the last set and opted to play it smart. It's feeling fine now so I'm glad I made that decision. I'm just anxious to put more weight on the bar.

I wish I would make the right decision once in awhile.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I wish I would make the right decision once in awhile.

I hate to say it but with age comes a bit (a small bit) of wisdom... There are times I want to say FUCK it all, put my mass back on, get back "on", and chase big numbers again.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Well I certainly have the age, the wisdom seems to be lost. I knew last last Friday that something was wrong, but I squatted anyway.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Well I certainly have the age, the wisdom seems to be lost. I knew last last Friday that something was wrong, but I squatted anyway.

I'll postpone the day if I feel off when it's a heavy squat or deadlift session. I want to be as ready as possible so if I'm sleep deprived, not eating, run-down, sick, etc... I'll push it a day and hit the following day.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I'll get it someday. Assuming I ever squat or deadlift again

If you haven't already, I still highly recommend those spud gateway briefs.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'll get it someday. Assuming I ever squat or deadlift again

If you haven't already, I still highly recommend those spud gateway briefs.

I have not gotten them yet but I plan on getting them in a couple of weeks.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I have not gotten them yet but I plan on getting them in a couple of weeks.
Bookmark the page, they go on sale once in awhile. Of course if I'm done, I'll give you mine. They'll be snug though

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Bookmark the page, they go on sale once in awhile. Of course if I'm done, I'll give you mine. They'll be snug though

I'm sure you're not done. Injury is part of our love for the iron. Give your body the time it needs to heal and you'll be back at it. I'll definitely bookmark the page.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I'm sure you're not done. Injury is part of our love for the iron. Give your body the time it needs to heal and you'll be back at it. I'll definitely bookmark the page.
You’re not wrong. Injuries can be mentally as well as physically crippling. It takes a lot of fortitude to push through. The training “ “smarter not harder” becomes more and more important with age.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You’re not wrong. Injuries can be mentally as well as physically crippling. It takes a lot of fortitude to push through. The training “ “smarter not harder” becomes more and more important with age.

Where have you been? Haven't seen ya around in a while.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Lol. Just took some time off. Life. Family. Kids. Injuries. The game just wasn’t fun anymore. Kicking around the idea of slowly working back in. Still talk with RR and a few other peeps. How you been my brother?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Lol. Just took some time off. Life. Family. Kids. Injuries. The game just wasn’t fun anymore. Kicking around the idea of slowly working back in. Still talk with RR and a few other peeps. How you been my brother?

School has been kicking me in the dick every chance it gets but I'm taking it in stride. Training has changed a bit for me. I'm down 30lbs, purposely, so I focus more on speed now since I'm not carrying weight. It's fun though b/c I've changed much of my training and put in lifts I wouldn't in the past. I still chase numbers but their new number and I've been coaching a bit again... being very selective on who I coach since I lost my love for lifting last time I did this so I'm not charging so I can choose to help or not and not feel indebted.

Stop kicking around the idea and just get under a bar. Do something different, make it fun, make it interesting, make it thought-provoking. Don't focus on just chasing numbers, make it about becoming better and things you haven't done before. Find that fire again... it's there, just slumbering waiting to wake up again.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic