Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Form Check

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
^^ you have 2 600 pound squatters and one damn near 600 lb squatter (keeping plugging away flex you will smash it soon) telling you what's up. Forget the trainer.

scotchindn

scotchindn

VIP Member
May 10, 2012
Form looks good, knees get a little soft about 3/4 way up, but you control them well. Maybe try the exercise band around the knees to work on programming you to keep them out. The only other thing I would offer (take or leave it as you will) is your gaze. You appear to be looking dead ahead, try picking a spot on the floor about 10-12 feet ahead of you and focus on it. Other than that, what they said! All of this from a 200 pound squatter......

Big Worm

Big Worm

Oct 27, 2012
Tell your trainer to eat shit. Body weight stuff isn't going to get you where you want. Heavy lifting and doing it correctly is. If anything I'd say get tighter under the bar before you unrack the weight. You unrack it a little sloppy now which will cause you issues down the road when the weight gets heavy for you. Figure out where your feet need to be without looking down at them and I wouldn't hold your chin so high.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Form looks good, knees get a little soft about 3/4 way up, but you control them well. Maybe try the exercise band around the knees to work on programming you to keep them out. The only other thing I would offer (take or leave it as you will) is your gaze. You appear to be looking dead ahead, try picking a spot on the floor about 10-12 feet ahead of you and focus on it. Other than that, what they said! All of this from a 200 pound squatter......

Agreed. Something I recently had corrected on my squat while I'm getting back into training is to push out on the knees on the way up - noting a frequent place where squats get weak is on the way back up and it shows when your knees start going inward. The banded knee thing is a good suggestion. Also just being mentally aware of what muscles you're engaging on the way up. And something that will help overall is to do more of an explosive push on the way up instead of muscle'ing it up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic