Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Form Check

S

Sherriperoni

TID Lady Member
Mar 25, 2015
Can I post this here or is there a specific spot?

This is my back squat. A bit lighter weight than normal so I could get 3x8 in today. 85lbs.
http://youtu.be/oHcKiGR904U

And on a side note, I'm thinking about hiring a trainer at my gym but their process is 'periodization' so I need to start out doing body weight exercises and work my way up to compound movements, even though I've been doing compound exercises for 8 weeks now.

Think it's a waste of time?

S

Sherriperoni

TID Lady Member
Mar 25, 2015
Also, I was told that I shouldn't do a back squat until I have my front squat and all front variations mastered. ????

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I would change nothing on your squat. Looks like your knees start to come in on the way up and you quickly push back out. Feet stay planted, ankle and spine are neutral, no excessive tilt at the hips. Very well done.

I coach powerlifters with worse technique!

Many trainers are idiots and frauds who don't even lift themselves. I say save the cash and hire a real coach who can program for YOUR GOALS not for what a book tells them to do. Or figure it out yourself and buy a case of poptarts with the money you save :)

So what is your goal?

S

Sherriperoni

TID Lady Member
Mar 25, 2015
My goal ultimately is to build a bit of size on my skinny body. Bigger Glutes, quads and biceps to start. I'd like to squat 125lbs and deadlift 175lbs.
I'm meeting with a trainer on Friday and will tell him what my goals are. Their process is 'periodization' so he wants me to revert back to body weight stuff and go back to compound movements in a few weeks. Wtf? :( if he won't agree to help with my current program then I may have to pass.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Also, I was told that I shouldn't do a back squat until I have my front squat and all front variations mastered. ????

That makes literally no f'n sense. Don't listen to anyone who told you this.

S

Sherriperoni

TID Lady Member
Mar 25, 2015
It was the training manager at the gym.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Please don't pay for advice like that.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It was the training manager at the gym.
Screw him!

Slight excess in calories and train your squat bench overhead press deadlift barbell row -all high volume. Lots of sets with reps in the 5 to 10 range using 60 to 80% of your 1rm. Done.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Looks good to me ;)

If you go to a commercial gym, trainers are usually a joke...you can find a lot of good stuff using the internet...youtube videos etc... :)

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Those squats were better than 99.9% of the squats I've seen in various gyms over the last 5 years.

And as said by everyone else that advice you got about the front squats is nonsense.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic