C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@180lb
[video]https://youtu.be/jhPPpmvGjpo[/video]

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I can't offer critique but I can say huge damn pull, great work CTJ!!!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Total Beast!!! It looks great! And scary :)

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Nothing to say that would just be nit picking, great pull!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Monster pull.... Told ya that last vid wasn't 90%.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
You have a lot more in you but your set up is holding you back.

Watch the start of your pull. As you start trying to pull the bar rolls in a good inch or two from where you initiate your pull.
It's harder to see from this angle but it looks like your knees are way over the bar as you start your pull. So, you start your drive with your hips coming up until your knees are back ( straightened) enough for the bar to get around them.
You can really see this by watching how much your hips move as you get the bar the first 4 inches off the floor..... 6-7 inches of hip movement to 3-4 inches of bar movement shows that something is off in your start.

Try sitting back a little to start the pull. Grab the bar, get your chest up and sit back instead of down. Try to keep your knees at or behind the plane of bar travel as much as possible.

It could just be a technique issue to focus on. It could also be really tight hamstrings. As you set up you can see your pelvis is pretty much glued forward and your lower back is making up for the lack of flexibility. I can't tell just from this video..... either way go check out a few Mobility WOD videos on the hips and pelvis and you'll see an improvement.

I'm not trying to take anything away from your pull and there's nothing about it that makes me cringe. You're pretty solid..... but, you can do more.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
If you look at Crossfit Conjugate's Youtube or the Sweatt Shop's youtube there should also be a video of them doing Chair Deadlifts...... try them. That teaches a good starting position and could have something to do with why their athletes had the biggest pulls of this years Crossfit Games......

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic