C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@177lbs bodyweight

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=863842167014844[/video]

Want2lift

Want2lift

Jun 12, 2012
Is crossfit always done topless? ;) Just teasing.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
To be honest you need to drop about 20 to 30 pounds off the bar for a proper form check.

Your posting a max effort lift and at a max it's not always going to be perfect.

The weight was too heavy for you to get to depth, you leaned forward just a tad but that could be the shoes also.

Your walking out too fast and far, get stronger and the bar will start to whip.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Totally insane and impressive!!!! But I agree with SFGiants.

Walkouts with that kinda weight are scary!

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
To be honest you need to drop about 20 to 30 pounds off the bar for a proper form check.

Your posting a max effort lift and at a max it's not always going to be perfect.

The weight was too heavy for you to get to depth, you leaned forward just a tad but that could be the shoes also.

Your walking out too fast and far, get stronger and the bar will start to whip.
SFGiants - appreciate the input. here's high bar 435 right before the 450...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=863841717014889

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
@SFGiants - appreciate the input. here's high bar 435 right before the 450...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=863841717014889

Good squat but ditch them shoe get flat soles.

Flat soles with help you sit back better and stay on your heels.

You see you had to readjust coming out of the hole and push yourself backwards? That IMO is your shoes possible rocking you forward!

I looked at it over and over and IMO see you come out of the hole pushing your knees out as you should but also pushing backwards a tad to get on your heels.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I respectfully disagree with a lot of what's been posted.

The walkout speed was fine - faster than I use, but it was under control. Personally I'd work on getting set with fewer steps - that was a yoke walk. LOL

The Oly shoes are fine since you squat with an Oly style. They also help lifters with tight and/or weak hamstrings hit depth easier - which I thought you did just fine. You can't ever say for sure from a video but depth looked fine.

I prefer to see a form check with a top end weight - that's where the biggest break down will happen. Anyone can squat light weight perfectly.

As for your form - less walk out would help. It's fine that you drop fast, but if you do you need to learn how to stay tight. You kinda loosened up as you dropped and that slowed your rebound. Either stay tighter on your descent or learn to time your drive to rebound out of the hole - either is fine. I'd recommend more glute/hamstring work and some upper back work so you can keep your chest up more to start the drive up. With more glute/hamstring you won't want to shoot your knees as far forward since you have the strength to load the posterior chain instead of going right to the quads.

Not bad though. Hope that didn't come off as tearing you up. It really was pretty solid.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011

The walkout speed was fine - faster than I use, but it was under control. Personally I'd work on getting set with fewer steps - that was a yoke walk. LOL

The Oly shoes are fine since you squat with an Oly style. They also help lifters with tight and/or weak hamstrings hit depth easier - which I thought you did just fine. You can't ever say for sure from a video but depth looked fine.

I prefer to see a form check with a top end weight - that's where the biggest break down will happen. Anyone can squat light weight perfectly.

As for your form - less walk out would help. It's fine that you drop fast, but if you do you need to learn how to stay tight. You kinda loosened up as you dropped and that slowed your rebound. Either stay tighter on your descent or learn to time your drive to rebound out of the hole - either is fine. I'd recommend more glute/hamstring work and some upper back work so you can keep your chest up more to start the drive up. With more glute/hamstring you won't want to shoot your knees as far forward since you have the strength to load the posterior chain instead of going right to the quads.

Not bad though. Hope that didn't come off as tearing you up. It really was pretty solid.

You know what brother for some reason I thought he was wider then he is, my prospective was based off thinking he was wider.

I know he wasn't real wide but now see he is actually pretty narrow.

The shoes should have some heal when narrow and the knees will drift more forward.

All in all for 177 he has a strong squat!

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013

Not at all, PLK! That is good stuff. Appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

You know what brother for some reason I thought he was wider then he is, my prospective was based off thinking he was wider.

I know he wasn't real wide but now see he is actually pretty narrow.

The shoes should have some heal when narrow and the knees will drift more forward.

All in all for 177 he has a strong squat!

Yeah from that angle it looks wider than it is. I'm inside shoulders.
But you got me thinking about the flat shoes, so I was gong to give the wider stance, low bar a try.

Congratulations on the huge squat CTJ!

Thanks, 5.0!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Couldn't see it before b/c I had to download some player...

It looked good. I'm not sure why you took monster steps backwards and so many b/c it'll zap some of your energy. Step back 1, 2, and then out 3. Congrats on the squat.

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Excellent, CTJ. I am not an expert on form, but my first thought was that was a long way to go from the rack. I also have a tendency to think on the safety side of things and I would have asked for a spot. Beyond that, dang, Bro, that was awesome! Just over 2.5X your body weight!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic