Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Forearm tendon/muscle/ligament strain?

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Was pulling ona wrench at work, and heard a slight noise when it pulled.. it’s like 3-4 inches center of my forearm from my inner elbow. No bruising but def feels like bad tendonitis like feeling. Any advice on healing it? In contest prep so really appreciate any help!

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
You've probably been there before so you know what you are feeling. All I can say is the typical cold compress at this stage to reduce tissue swelling and use tight wraps like an ACE elastic bandage to give physical support. Switch to heat after a few days to a week to help blood flow to clear out any tissue swelling and loosen things up. Ibuprofen and maybe corticosteroids (methylprednisolone?) for drugs? How close are you to the competition?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Damn man, seriously bad timing. Good luck with that shit.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Get some bromelain and take 2000 gdu a day...it's a natural anti-inflammatory....hope you heal up quickly!

hooper 1014

hooper 1014

TID Lady Member
Aug 5, 2021
Was pulling ona wrench at work, and heard a slight noise when it pulled.. it’s like 3-4 inches center of my forearm from my inner elbow. No bruising but def feels like bad tendonitis like feeling. Any advice on healing it? In contest prep so really appreciate any help!
I had this happen to me pulling a big tractor trailer it was painful l:mad: the only way to fix it is go to your primary care have him check it out to see if you pull the tendon in your hand that runs into the forearm Mine it was not thank God but it was freaking painful got a dose of cortisone did not use it for 3 days went easy and it fine now all the other shit Bromelain ice etc dont fucking fix it period......... Hope it helps

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
You've probably been there before so you know what you are feeling. All I can say is the typical cold compress at this stage to reduce tissue swelling and use tight wraps like an ACE elastic bandage to give physical support. Switch to heat after a few days to a week to help blood flow to clear out any tissue swelling and loosen things up. Ibuprofen and maybe corticosteroids (methylprednisolone?) for drugs? How close are you to the competition?
Little less than 16 weeks. The initial pain following it was what had me worried, and the noise when it happened. But these following days I’ve kept it light and able to train around it on back, and arm day.. idk about pressing yet. I’ve taken a little ibuprofen. Seems to be going away, just gonna stay light and take it from there until it’s better. Thanks for the response

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic