Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Forearm issues

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
The anti-inflamatories are in bound today, the wrist brace I'm checking on local. I've been wanting to come off the nsaid's for a long time, I know overall they're bad, but without them it's hard to flex my fingers much less arms, etc..

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
The anti-inflamatories are in bound today, the wrist brace I'm checking on local. I've been wanting to come off the nsaid's for a long time, I know overall they're bad, but without them it's hard to flex my fingers much less arms, etc..

i take 800mg of ibuprofen every night before bed with a muscle relaxant, it allows my muscle to relax and the antiinflammatories to go to work. it has really helped me to stay off the NSAIDs the rest of the day. i really think that the natural antiinflammatories will help you as well as the wrist braces. i just buy my braces at walmart. i have ordered fancy ones online but they didnt work anybetter than the ones from walmart and i replace them about every 6 months.

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
i take 800mg of ibuprofen every night before bed with a muscle relaxant, it allows my muscle to relax and the antiinflammatories to go to work. it has really helped me to stay off the NSAIDs the rest of the day. i really think that the natural antiinflammatories will help you as well as the wrist braces. i just buy my braces at walmart. i have ordered fancy ones online but they didnt work anybetter than the ones from walmart and i replace them about every 6 months.

Damn, was just there this morning, totally blanked it out. The idea of ibuprofen at night + the other things hopefully will work. Getting my wrists to actually turn out though I think is done, looks like dbells forever when it comes to that kind of arm work. Luckily they work fine the other way.
Thanks for the pointers and help again.

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
El Crapo, worked out, wrists gave zero problems till the curls. Wrapped the wrists, loaded up the ezcurl bar and used the inner handset, the vertical ones, similar to hammer position, but with hands close together. Did one rep, left wrist yelping like a scalded dog. Which parlayed into a shitty set of hammer and dbells, wrist yelping and growling the whole time.
The good news is this doesn't affect any other exercise, just curls. Did heavy rows with no problem, same with tricep skullcrushers. Just the damn curls.
Bottom line I think I'm taking a hiatus on curls for a while and load up everything else. Debating ice or hot on the wrists tonight, don't know yet. Happy it's not affecting any of my heavies, at least I can progress. Off to Wallyworld tomorrow after cardio to get wrist supports. Good thing I don't live in SF.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
ice, always ice as it decreases the blood flow because it causes the vessels to constrict and thereby decreases the inflammatory mediators that are able to get to the inflammed area. if you are having arthritic complications from spurs, which it definately sounds like, than heat wont do you much good. heat is good for soft tissue after a few days to increase blood flow and allow the body to heal but with arthritis it wont change anything. in fact you might find if you ice the hell out of it before working out than it will decrease the feeling and you might be more successful with curls. just a thought. it is very often done in race horses with bad arthritic joints. the are stood in ice until they go to the track to run.

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
Spurs and horses, feel like I'm home. Roger on the ice, I'll give that a try. Also have those stretch band thangs and they don't seem to affect my wrists like weights do, I suppose I could pump up with those during the lull. Recommendations on exercises to mitigate this or is this just one more thing I'm stuck with? The list is getting long and distinguished.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
it is one of the things you are stuck with. age sucks. atleast you are 59 with the problem and not 39 and having to deal with it! the joint supps should help it though!

Rancor418

Rancor418

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2011
I get "splints" in my forearms also. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I tried to explain this pain to them.

I use mostly dumbells because they do not bother me at all. Every few weeks I ill do a heavy barbell day and then go back to dumbells. I also will throw some lighter weight and do high reps because I dont have the pain untill I go with higher weights.

My Dr. told me to stretch my wrist and forearms often.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic