Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

For you Rottenrogue

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I intentionally did my first strongman workout last night.

I've gone in and messed around with yokes and atlas stones and tires before, but I've never gone in with the sole purpose of doing an hour long conditioning workout, strongman style.

For a warmup, I picked up a 150lb atlas stone and tossed it over my shoulder, repeatedly. I also flipped a 400lb tire, repeatedly. And I did some farmer's walks with 200lbs in each hand.

I say that was a warmup, but it was the bulk of the workout. However, I finished with an awesome little test. I picked up a 210lb atlas stone and tossed it over my shoulder 10 times, followed by 10 tire flips with a 650lb tire, for time.

I did it in 4:26 which felt like an eternity, but it was actually a blast.

Showering afterwards, was not a blast. Holy shit, the atlas stones destroy your forearms and upper biceps. I have bruises and sandpaper-looking abrasions all over my inner forearms and biceps. Still worth it.

Thought you'd enjoy reading this, and thought maybe the guys wouldn't give me a hard time about doing cardio like a strongman instead of a crossfitter, :D .

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Nice that was a nice women's workout ya did there ;)
I'm a sissy I tape up my arms

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
We have a shed full of that stuff at my gym... I want to try it. But I'm afraid I'll get sucked in

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
It would at least be hww.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
We have a shed full of that stuff at my gym... I want to try it. But I'm afraid I'll get sucked in

Well then dont take SAD in there with you... because you might get sucked OFF!

I am with you SAD... if that's a womans warm up... I must be a real bitch... I am no strong man... but unless I am missing something, that was some serious weight for a first timer!

you are almost redeemed from your crossfit faggotry...

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Hahaha I agree with IC Here on both the 'warm up' an the fact that crossfit is for a bunch of steers and queers

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Ok to be fair I'd be dead after ten flips of a 650 tire.
200 is low end for hww on the farmers and 210 is a good workable stone. However we use tacky I can easily pick my 185 with no tacky repeatedly I don't think I could with my 220 though

Strongman takes some time to learn technique so this definetly isn't a workout for a sissy

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic