Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

For the Single Ply Geared Lifters

franchise24

franchise24

Oct 20, 2015
I am looking t getting a Titan Super Centurion Squat suit and a Fury Bench Shirt. I don't see any Single Ply Deadlifts suits by Titan. I have heard of people pulling in the Super Centurion Squat suit.

Here is my question. What is the learning curve like?
How to break theses bad boys in?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Talk to Ramrod. He's a single ply geared lifter and should be able to help ya out with those questions.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I am looking t getting a Titan Super Centurion Squat suit and a Fury Bench Shirt. I don't see any Single Ply Deadlifts suits by Titan. I have heard of people pulling in the Super Centurion Squat suit.

Here is my question. What is the learning curve like?
How to break theses bad boys in?

Titan makes the Velocity Deadlift Suit.

Do you Pull Sumo or Conv...? The learning curve is getting to the bar. Once you can handle that it's not to bad. I pull in an Metal V-Squatter. I also have a Titan Super Centurion Squat Suit W/S... I have tried it forwards and backwards. I just don't get as much out of it as my Metal V-Squatter. The Velocity Deadlift Suit is a good suit.

franchise24

franchise24

Oct 20, 2015
Titan makes the Velocity Deadlift Suit.

Do you Pull Sumo or Conv...? The learning curve is getting to the bar. Once you can handle that it's not to bad. I pull in an Metal V-Squatter. I also have a Titan Super Centurion Squat Suit W/S... I have tried it forwards and backwards. I just don't get as much out of it as my Metal V-Squatter. The Velocity Deadlift Suit is a good suit.
I pull conventional. I plan to mess with sumo in my offseason which starts after my meet in February. I have pulled over 400 sumo just messing around during warmups. I have been looking at the Super Centurion. I squat regular. Not wide at all. Slightly wider than shoulder width.

Thank you for responding @Ramrod.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I have decided to give single ply a run as well. It's been two years since my last meet and I keep waiting till my shoulder feels good benching, but it never happens. Been benching low 4's for 6 years, but when I threw a cheap Blast shirt on all felt well even though I had no clue and couldn't get 405 to touch. But, there is a good crew including Rich n Christina McDowell just a few hours away so I am planning a trip down there before purchasing anything else. He said a few guys squat there as well. Not sure if any are single ply guys but I suspect they all know more than yours truly.

Hawk

franchise24

franchise24

Oct 20, 2015
I have decided to give single ply a run as well. It's been two years since my last meet and I keep waiting till my shoulder feels good benching, but it never happens. Been benching low 4's for 6 years, but when I threw a cheap Blast shirt on all felt well even though I had no clue and couldn't get 405 to touch. But, there is a good crew including Rich n Christina McDowell just a few hours away so I am planning a trip down there before purchasing anything else. He said a few guys squat there as well. Not sure if any are single ply guys but I suspect they all know more than yours truly.

Hawk
Awesome. I have Titan Super Katan Low cut angled sleeve shirt and Titan Super Centurion Squat suit.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010

Hawk

U dwn in Tx?

Rich is a great guy
Met him 2x
Gave me a lot of insight on breaking the 500 bp club back in the day

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Once I'm done with school and can really focus on my lifting like I want... than I'm thinking about switching to single ply. My body could use the extra support from some gear.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Awesome. I have Titan Super Katan Low cut angled sleeve shirt and Titan Super Centurion Squat suit.

Awesome, I think I'm gonna go the same way. I was looking at sizing and from what I can tell my shirt size would be ideal for learning and lifting large has a starter kit for a pretty good deal as ebay has crap for my size in anything used. But $280 for a shirt, suit and wraps aint bad. http://www.liftinglarge.com/1-Ply-Equipped-Powerlifting-Starter-Kit

But, I'm still looking.
Hawk

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
U dwn in Tx?

Rich is a great guy
Met him 2x
Gave me a lot of insight on breaking the 500 bp club back in the day
Nah, I'm in Kansas City, so it's right under 3hrs one way. They are great people. I just judged one of their meets a few weeks ago and set up an open date to go down. And hell I'd like to do more judging as well
Ha2k

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Once I'm done with school and can really focus on my lifting like I want... than I'm thinking about switching to single ply. My body could use the extra support from some gear.

Well, I suspect like me age has taken it's toll. I actually think I have the patience these days it takes to learn and get it right. I am tired of just starting to feel good then tweaking something only to have to back off and start over again.

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic