Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Foods with Protein

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
Hey guys, was wondering what everyone is eating for their animal protein during meals. One of my issues is that I am a pretty picky eater which limits my variety. I have been trying to eat a lot of turkey and chicken, and have been buying the tyson or perdue chicken breasts, but they have been so nasty and fatty lately. By the time I get done trimming them myself, there is like nothing there. Does anyone else have this issue, or know of any other brand that is better?

Sorry for the stupid question.....

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I find Tyson to be one of the fattiest brands, Perdue usually isn't that bad but too expensive. I just get the store brand or whatever is on sale as far as chicken and clean it up, usually a little strip of fat and the connecting tissue between the 2 breasts.

What about beef, pork, fish? Thick cut pork chops have that small strip of fat along the side which is easily trimmed.

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
not a big fish guy but beef and pork all day would work for me....I didnt realize pork was that high in protein....

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
you do understand meat is protein correct? did you not learn this in school as a child???

Eggs are good to... does the fairy princess like eggs???

What you have to tell yourself is... you are not eating this because it taste good... you are eating to GET BIG!

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
Yea I am just trying to look at the options, yea I am a big egg white guy, eat them a lot, just hard to cook them at work, at least turkey and chicken i could cook the night before and bring to work.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
You can cook eggs the night before too..granted their not gonna taste great but like Ironcore said thats not why you're eating them.

They are fuel, keep that in mind.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Yea I am just trying to look at the options, yea I am a big egg white guy, eat them a lot, just hard to cook them at work, at least turkey and chicken i could cook the night before and bring to work.

Cook them and bring then to work. It all comes down to what you are willing to do. I've said this before and I'll say it again because its the truth. Most don't have what it takes to get the most out of training and diet to reach your full potential. If its not that serious to you then don't worry about it. If it is then do what you have to do.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you buy pasteurized egg whites you can just drink them as well... I find that ground meats (chicken, turkey, beef) seem to work best for me. Cooked in a pan, drain the fat off and add some taco spice. I can shovel that stuff all day. Mixes great with rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, nachos, flax wraps whatever your daily macro's call for. Easily portioned too.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Hard boiled eggs , just dont eat the yolk work great as far as eggs ...

I do agree with big paul here

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
This is really good information, and I didnt realize they had Chocolate egg whites....I am going to give them a try

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic