Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Flu shot, yes or no

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Was watching the news and they were reporting on how people have died this year from the flu, a few people might have survived if they had gotten the flu shot for H1N1 strain. I had never had one until last year. Only reason I got it was because I had to sign a paper when I was being released saying I didnt want one. After talking with the nurse and telling her my reasons, she convinced me and I did.

I was always skeptical about the flu shot. I thought it was a scheme for pharmaceutical companies to make more money and thought what if they are injecting us with something that will kill us years down the road. Yeah I know, sounds a lil bit crazy..

Do you get them? Or no.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Nope. I'm not prone to getting the flu

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012

I mentioned that to the nurse and she said whilit to others we may not get it and be affected by it, we can still carry it and pass it to others like family and friends. That is what made me change my mind. Looking back I wonder if she suckered me to get it with that guilt trip hmmm

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Some facts that they don't tell you.

1. Almost all of the people that die from the flu are really old, really young, or have a pre-existing condition putting them at higher risk than the rest of the population. Here is another example of a death...Mexican woman gets H1N1 after illegally coming in to the country. They drive for several hours, she's getting worse. They finally decide to take the risk, so they attempt to drive another 6 hours to get to a hospital, and she dies en-route. Cause of death dehydration secondary to the flu. These are the stories they don't want to tell you. People rare die of H1N1. It's way exaggerated. Most people see the doc before they reach that point.

2. My wife and I did some research using data from the last 25 years and have found the flu vaccine has ranged from 20-40% successful each year. In other words, it's a crap shoot.

So you have to ask yourself, are you doing anything that puts you at additional risk for the flu? Do you have risk factors that would make you safer if you got the vaccine?

Beyond that, it's really preference.

Last edited:
slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I don't get it. I prefer to treat it with colloidal silver and fulvic acid in equal parts. Going on 3 years since I've gotten ill.

Slic.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I haven't since leaving the Marines in 2006. I've gotten the flu maybe 2 times since.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Take a shot for this take a shot for that jezzz.where does it end.i with Shortz on this.ask the same gp if taking steroids are dangerous and he will give you the third degree.we get sick it's part of life.

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
The flu shot is a scam, just take a vitamin d3 everyday, wash your hands a lot, use hand sanitizer after touching things exposed to the public (like door handles) and you wont get the flu.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I haven't since leaving the Marines in 2006. I've gotten the flu maybe 2 times since.

no choice then right? Deblouse, walk down a line of nurses poking you with all kinda of shit, and sign the roster, done. I tried every way if getting out of the flu shot in the army every year, but was unsuccessful lol

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Get the Flu shot. Its $20 at Walgreens.

Get the Flu shot.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Never got it, never will.

Thought the variation that was going around this year was the swine flu or bird flu or some shit so the H1N1 wouldn't have done anything anyway.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012

x2

Since 2000 I have missed exactly 4 days of work due to illness:

2 days in 2001 due to strep throat
1 day in 2010 due to some stomach bug had me puking all day
1 day last year caught some bug but it wasn't the flu; puking and fever.

Most people that think they have the flu actually don't. Influenza is a respiratory illness. If you're puking or have diarhhea, it's most likely NOT the flu.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic