Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Flat, Wooden Soled Shoe

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Interesting... when I went to see him for my shoes the dude chewed my ear off for like an hour. He knows EVERYONE

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I wonder how they are to walk in, are they flexiblentowards the arch/ball of the foot. The number 1 thing i see as an issue is price. At 150, there are a ton of good non compressive shoes for a third of that.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I wonder how they are to walk in, are they flexiblentowards the arch/ball of the foot. The number 1 thing i see as an issue is price. At 150, there are a ton of good non compressive shoes for a third of that.

Doubt they flex at all. They have a wooden sole so there probably going to be very uncomfortable if you try walking around in them. They are pricey though so I won't be picking up a pair.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Doubt they flex at all. They have a wooden sole so there probably going to be very uncomfortable if you try walking around in them. They are pricey though so I won't be picking up a pair.

Only the heel is wood. The inflexibility from a risto comes from the thick ass leather upper. Once broken in its not bad.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I hope ye didnt invest much into this concept because, i doubt it will be a big seller.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yeah I can't see spending a buck fifty on these. Ever.

Yeah, I won't pay that kind of price but I'd def pick one up if they were 75 bucks. I may contact him and see if he's got a fvcked up a pair that he'd let go for less. A pair with imperfections. I know they claim to make them when they are purchased but that wasn't the case a while back. He would come to Nationals and the American Open and sell them at a discount.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
I also have a pair of their Oly shoes from my throwback days....the heel is RIDICULOUS. Curious if these babies would be the same armor, but unwilling to shell $150 and risk getting a domestic abuse charge filed against the husband.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I also have a pair of their Oly shoes from my throwback days....the heel is RIDICULOUS. Curious if these babies would be the same armor, but unwilling to shell $150 and risk getting a domestic abuse charge filed against the husband.

Do it... do it....

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
His oly shoes are great. I have a pair. Also in the "wouldn't shell out $150 for a deadlift shoe" camp.

I could imagine these being pretty damn awesome for a sumo puller though....

He could probably do better if he made them like a 3/4 top instead of low top, and marketed them as an all around PL shoe. Like a wood heeled, leather chuck T

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic