Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Flat footed shoes

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
i like to train with wore out shoes..Less surport.Makes me feel like im training in the raw....When i put on a good high top that gives me the surport i need ..Fucken skys the limit...Its like putting ona bench shirt or squat suit...This concept is no diff then training raw for the squat ina pair of shorts or benching with a tank top on....Train with less surport as possible...dw

That is similar to the opinion of Dorian Yates. He always said that using all of the knee wraps wrist wraps and the like would leave you weaker in the long run.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
MOst of my training is Raw.The most supportive I get is neoprene sleeves and wrist wraps when overhead gets heavy.Oh and I use straps for deadlifting.Otherwise unless it is over 600 pounds I dont wear a belt.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
holy moly, 600# and over. RR you are a beastessest! i worry too much about hurting my back. the thought of trying to bend over a surgery table with a bad back is so unappealing. i need to get a better belt. i usually will go up to 275# without the belt but than figure it is better to error on the side of caution than to get hurt.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lol yoke and conans wheel are the only "over 600" things I do.I am not really a for or against a belt type person.Personally they irritate the shit out of me.But I would never tell someone it is or isnt a bad idea to wear a belt.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I've read that the amount of pressure it can add to internal organs can be dangerous. Anybody have any info regarding belts and abdominal pressure?

Oh, and ON topic, I deadlift and squat barefoot (well, in socks).

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
"You're only as badass as your shoes looks" - HisAngriness

5569239405_fba4fd3f79.jpg

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
lol yoke and conans wheel are the only "over 600" things I do.I am not really a for or against a belt type person.Personally they irritate the shit out of me.But I would never tell someone it is or isnt a bad idea to wear a belt.

i like the belt because i feel like it does support me and give me somthing to push against thereby generating more strength ability. they are irritating, hits the top of my hips and the bottom of rib cage and i dont have a big one. once again given my lack of need to really lift big i am all for the belt. i think my core is pretty dang good so the extra support is nice on the upper end of the lifts.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I've read that the amount of pressure it can add to internal organs can be dangerous. Anybody have any info regarding belts and abdominal pressure?

Oh, and ON topic, I deadlift and squat barefoot (well, in socks).

maybe if you had a belt that completely enclosed the abdomen but most of what is down there is intestine and the bladder and one would probaby pee themselves first. and i suppose the spleen could get in there but there is enough room for everything to move around. heck, we have dogs that get completely run over by cars and everything just squishes up out of the way apparently because other than being sore for a day or two most of them are fine!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
well i can tell ya....all your world top Pl and strong men wear belts...When u get to a certain weight its very nessary ....Other wise records wouldnt be broken...I can tell u im not climeing under a 800 lbs squat without a belt on..No fucking way...My limit would be around 500 on the sqaut and on dead pulls...Now bench is another story...Beside anyone gets to my age at 46 and has over 26 years of lifting under your belt...Your back will torn the fuck down and the belt becomes your lifting partner...dw

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
MOst of my training is Raw.The most supportive I get is neoprene sleeves and wrist wraps when overhead gets heavy.Oh and I use straps for deadlifting.Otherwise unless it is over 600 pounds I dont wear a belt.

Well i gues so RR,,,Your not fucking human..your a fucking beast....dw

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lol! I have tried a belt.I have honestly tried and put in good effort to wear one! I dont know if it is because I am short waisted and too round or what .Even if I put it on super tight it slides up and becomes worthless as a bra.So I gave up awhile ago.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
lol! I have tried a belt.I have honestly tried and put in good effort to wear one! I dont know if it is because I am short waisted and too round or what .Even if I put it on super tight it slides up and becomes worthless as a bra.So I gave up awhile ago.
well i will tell u RR...a good thick belt and im sure u can find one that will fit your needs will def give u the cutting edge u need ...More so if your looking for a record squat...But dont get me wrong...Its amazeing u can train strip naked in the raw without no surport..Your core must be made of steel...dw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic