pbtom
What's New?

Fitness Watch

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
What do use for a smart fitness watch?

I dont feel the iWatch is worth the money. There are smart watches for less than $60. I am still lurking.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I don't have a lot of fitness watch experience, but I've had a couple FitBits and most recently a Samsung watch. I liked the Samsung watch the best. It felt more accurate and seemed to have better syncing functionality with my phone. The fitbits were good, but I always felt like the step count was way off.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I have a Samsung 3 watch. It is basically a fitness watch that I can read text messages and see who is calling on it. Heart rate, sleep, miles ran ect. I found I really like the fact I can screen calls without looking at my phone.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I used to use Fitbit, then a few years ago got the iwatch. I love all the features. I’ll probably trade in my current one next year towards a new one.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
You need an Apple Watch Ultra. You can probably find a coupon for 10% extra price.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I use a third gen Oura Ring. I don’t think it’s very accurate for step counting but heart rate, HRV, sleep staging and the oximeter are very useful to see if I’m sleeping well, recovered and monitor my sleep apnea. They are expensive though. And now cost something like $5 a month for all app features. You can get a gen 2 that doesn’t have the oximeter for cheaper and don’t have to pay the $5 a month I believe. I’m just not a watch wearer. Never have been.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I would get an apple watch. I don't have an iPhone or I would have had one.
I was a fitbit junkie. Had a fitbit surge, 2 blazes and 3 ionics. I think the more features they put on paralyzed the watches. I had 2 ionics brick...black screen etc. The last one worked fine.
Had to return all 3 for recall . I bought a new fit bit versa 4 and it went black after 4 days. Sent it back for refund. Got a garmin venu sq I can't wear as the band gave me welts on my wrist and cheap China replacement bands won't work. Watch kept falling off my wrist. The watches aren't even close to accurate....I wore my fit bit blaze and ionic at the same time and the ionic gave me 300 steps more on average and my workouts would generate 1200 calories burned on the weights setting.
When I never activated a workout setting and blasted in the gym it would burn 500 calories and HR never got above 100. Sure does make you feel good looking in the app hr 160 1200 cals burned 25000 steps ...lol

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I made an impulse buy of an Android/Google Fit watch a few years ago because it was cheap (Fossil, less than $100, was latest gen at the time) and a one day sale. It's slow as shit, but it does everything I want it to do.

Heart rate is nice, but not all that essential IMO. No oximeter. No sleep monitoring (I have a CPAP that does that anyway).

I *only* wear it in the gym. I primarily use it to skip songs I don't want to hear, and quickly be able to look at my watch without pulling out my phone to see who is calling/e-mailing/triggering my front door camera/view texts. I just don't like being bothered in the gym and having to pull out my phone to see all that. Typing on a watch is unrealistic. If I'm somewhere on my way to/back from the gym and I need to buy something, convenient to use Google Wallet on the watch rather than the phone.

If the Apple Watch had a useful interface with Android (it doesn't), I'd be tempted to get one, as it is superior to the new Pixel Watch. Pixel Watch isn't there yet, it's first gen, I'm hoping that the next gen will be better. I'm very anti-Apple, because they lock you into their ecosystem and want you to pay for *everything*. Pixel/Android all the way for me.

A lot of your decision depends on so many factors it's hard for someone to tell you exactly what *you* should do. For me, it mostly comes down to how much you are willing to pay for the convenience of not pulling out your phone every time something comes in. Unless you have money to burn, I think quality watches are way overpriced (and I'm not hurting financially). I currently see no reason to upgrade, as although my watch is old, beat up, doesn't hold a charge too well, etc., it still does everything I need it to do.

Reviews by actual users are your friend. If you don't normally wear a watch, unlikely you will start doing so with a smart watch.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I would get an apple watch. I don't have an iPhone or I would have had one.
I was a fitbit junkie. Had a fitbit surge, 2 blazes and 3 ionics. I think the more features they put on paralyzed the watches. I had 2 ionics brick...black screen etc. The last one worked fine.
Had to return all 3 for recall . I bought a new fit bit versa 4 and it went black after 4 days. Sent it back for refund. Got a garmin venu sq I can't wear as the band gave me welts on my wrist and cheap China replacement bands won't work. Watch kept falling off my wrist. The watches aren't even close to accurate....I wore my fit bit blaze and ionic at the same time and the ionic gave me 300 steps more on average and my workouts would generate 1200 calories burned on the weights setting.
When I never activated a workout setting and blasted in the gym it would burn 500 calories and HR never got above 100. Sure does make you feel good looking in the app hr 160 1200 cals burned 25000 steps ...lol
Yeah, sometimes my Ring won’t record my heart rate during my workout unless I turn it on for a workout to constantly monitor it which uses up the battery more. If I am using my hands like for back or chest day it will usually not get a heart rate during that workout. I guess because of too much movement for an accurate reading. Normally it records heart rate every half hour. But if my hand/ fingers are moving too much during that brief moment it’s checking it will, it will not record. But at least I can use the workout feature that will monitor continuous until I tell it to end. Problem is I often forget I turned it on and drains the battery a lot. But usually only have to charge it once every 4 or 5 days so can’t complain.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have a Samsung 3 watch. It is basically a fitness watch that I can read text messages and see who is calling on it. Heart rate, sleep, miles ran ect. I found I really like the fact I can screen calls without looking at my phone.
I see. Screening my calls?

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
A smart fitness watch is really beneficial and helpful tool. ‘The Fitbit Versa ' for Fitness Smartwatch with Daily readiness, GPS, 24/7 Heart Rate, 40plus exercise Modes, Sleep Tracking and more would be the best choice.
It maintains a healthy body and mind.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic