Rolanalon
What's New?

Fitness trackers

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
There is a ton of trackers out there now! I’ve used Fitbit for the last 4 years, however thinking of upgrading and changing!

What trackers do you all use and love?

Which trackers do you all hate?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I use Google fit on my phone just to track steps and shit like that. I get a discount on my insurance/points for a certain number of steps per day or activity per day. Besides that, I have no use for them.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I've tested a few out.
Currently, i'm doing old school (pen and paper/notebook). My objective is to only capture what i have done, so i know what i have done and what i can improve upon.
I was using MyFitnessPal, the underamour one, to track all my foods so know what the macro's were in a day. Then i was also using myfitnesspal to log workouts in, but was just too much.
I am at the point right now where i no longer need to put everything into one app, whereas before I was (or thought I had to/wanted to lol).

There are a couple of walking contests going on right now with work and I just use the iPhone health app to monitor steps and sync it with WalkerTracker.

I do have a FitBit that my trophy hubs got me quite a few years ago. I was using it to track steps, but also heart beats during cardio so i knew when i needed to up the level on the stairmill. I dont' use the fitbit any more, might get back to it.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I eat same thing everyday so if I need to lose weight I cut portions and increase if i want to gain weight. I use myfitnesspal for calculating macros.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I use a smart watch (Samsung) which I like for steps and heart rate. I don't pay much attention to calories burned as I don't think those are ever accurate.

I used to use apps for calorie counting, when applicable. The last two times I've cut calories though, I simply used my iPhone calculator throughout the day, as I always knew the calories of everything I was eating.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
If you are trying to count calories, they are ALL bullshit, ALL of them. I have used them ALL. From Polars with the heart rate monitor strap, fit bit which it total junk, they said the apple watch was the best you can get, mine has me burning 7,000 a day... YEAH RIGHT. I may burn 3,000 on a good day, but not 7. Then I eat about 1600 calories a day and I am losing zero pounds....It may count step, flights of stairs, heart rate etc... but the calorie counter is bullshit.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Right now I currently have been using Fitbit, I initially liked it as it helps me earn points off health insurance, but the heart rate monitor sucks when exercising.

Was thinking of switching to an Apple Watch since I have an iPhone, but still on the fence on whether it’s worth it.....

Does anyone have one and like it?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I had a Polar headrate monitor with a chest band and watch. Then I used a Fitbit. My current HR department doesn't require a tracker for my discount so I don't use one.

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
I use My Macros + and Gym Hero to track lifts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic